Before you can plan for your project you have to have the right tools to collect the data you need in order to formulate a strategy. Having the simple project management software with intuitive tool and smooth user interface making it easy to use even for first time users and lets you organize your team easily.
- Best simple project management software
- Free excel simple project management templates
- Free download simple project management software
Best Simple Project Management Software
Trello is basically a free simple project management software, available on the desktop web and in mobile app format, that lets you manage projects and collaborate with other uses in a very visual way. It’s “like a whiteboard with super powers,” according to the developers.
Trello works on PC, Mac, iOS, and Android, as well as almost any web browser, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari, Microsoft Edge, and Mozilla Firefox
Trello Free Version Features
- Unlimited boards, lists, cards, members, checklists, and attachments.
A board represents a project. Boards are what you’ll use to organize and keep track of all your the ideas and individual tasks that make up that project via “cards.” You or your teammates can add as many cards to a board as necessary, referred to as “lists.”
Attach files up to 10MB from your computer, or link any file from your Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, or OneDrive.
Trello Business Class Features
- Integration with an unlimited number of apps (via Power-Ups) such as Salesforce, Slack, Google Hangouts, Github and Evernote
- File attachments up to 250 MB
- Ability to add files, comments or emoji to a discussion, as well as tag specific members within a comment
- Security features, such as the ability to restrict membership invitations, remove former employees from an account, set access to observer-only for clients or external team members, and control who can create private or public boards
- Custom branding with board background and stickers
- Various sorting options, such as by recently active members, most members or alphabetically
- Ability to export team data with a single click
- Notifications at any time from any device
- Unlimited number of boards, lists, members and attachments
One unique feature of Trello is its Power-Ups. Power-Ups turn each board which connect Trello to services like Google Drive, Evernote, GitHub, SalesForce, 3T time tracking software, Planyway Calendar (with gantt chart), and many more.
- Business Class: $9.99 per user/month (when paid annually).
- Enterprise: $20.83 per user/month (when paid annually)
Customer Service & Support
Trello’s knowledge base includes articles categorized by topic. In addition, users can access the Getting Started guide and Trello’s training webinar to learn more about Trello. The Trello community is another resource where users can get advice and ideas from other Trello users.
The Business Class plan includes priority email support with a response time within one business day. The Enterprise plan includes both priority email and priority phone support with a quicker response time (less than one business day).
2. Basecamp 3
Basecamp is a great project management software if you’re looking for something very simple and basic. Basecamp is a simple project management software that helps with team collaboration, file sharing, and project organization.
Its user-friendly interface has a homepage separated into three different sections: Company HQ, Team and Projects. HQ is composed of company-wide announcements and notes. Under that is a section for specific teams, like your customer service or marketing team.
Basecamp works on PC, Mac, iOS, and Android, as well as almost any web browser, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari, Microsoft Edge, and Mozilla Firefox
Basecamp 3 Features
- Message Boards – Message Boards allow users to post alerts, questions and other messages to everyone involved in a specific project. You can notify anyone in your group about the message to make sure they see it ASAP, or share it outside of Basecamp with a public link.
- Hey! Menu – This is a menu located at the top of your webpage that includes almost every type of notification that you could receive in Basecamp, such as new messages, to-do assignments and @ mentions.
- Campfire – Campfire is a casual chat room for people involved in a particular project. You can mention specific user by using the @ symbol or chat with the whole group. Campfire has a menu located at the top of Basecamp where you can see every chat that you’re following.
- Pings – Pings are direct messages to individuals or small groups with general questions unrelated to a project. These can include files and code samples. Pings also have an effective search feature to find specific messages quickly.
- Search and Bookmarking – Basecamp’s search feature lets you look throughout the whole application or a specific project by keyword or person.
- To-do lists – To-do lists can be assigned to one or more people. Basecamp will automatically follow up with any overdue tasks set by a team member or a group leader.
- Schedules – You can look at the Basecamp’s schedule to see any upcoming deadlines, projects or events. Everyone included in a project can view the schedule, set notifications and sync the schedule with Google Calendar, iCal or Outlook.
- Automatic check-in questions – Automatic check-ins allow team members to ask questions about the team’s progress at any point. The questions can be repeated daily, weekly or monthly, to the whole team or a specific person.
- Documents and File Storage – Each project has its own place for document and file storage. Users can drag and drop files into this area or upload them via Google Docs.
- Clientside and Email Forward – Clientside is made to show clients what your team is working on and get their approval on the record. All client emails can be forwarded directly to Basecamp, as well as any other emails that you want to have inside the application.
- Reports and Notifications – Reports can be created to see what tasks have been completed, what’s overdue or due soon, and all assignments for a specific team member. Notifications are located on Basecamp’s Hey! menu so you can see all new conversations, tasks, comments and pings.
Basecamp 3 Integration
Basecamp 3 supports a wide variety of integrations with other apps and services. You can do so much more with Basecamp 3 by connecting it to the other apps you use like Dropbox, Google Calendar, and Google Sheets to automate the tedious tasks in your workflow. See all 3rd party tools in Basecamp 3.
For $99/month total, you get: Unlimited users, Unlimited projects, Every feature in Basecamp, and 500GB of file storage
Customer Service & Support
Users can watch Basecamp tutorial videos to learn how to use Basecamp 3. In addition, users can read the help guides to learn more about Basecamp. Basecamp have very fast customer support and it’s reasonably priced. You can write on Basecamp’s twitter account and get a response in very short time or simply go to the website and write them, they’ll definitely write you back.
3. Zoho Projects
Zoho Projects is a simple project management software that helps businesses and teams manage both simple and complex projects. Users can assign projects, track milestones, share comments and files, and monitor billable hours. The site is intuitive so you can figure out the basics of how to use it within a few minutes of creating an account.
What the Zoho Projects does is in fact very simple: it divides your large and complex projects into manageable units, and schedules recurring tasks, dependancies, and subtasks according to your deadlines. It is also packed with a variety of seamless collaboration tools thanks to which your employees and consultants can stay in line with your progress.
Zoho Projects Key Feature
- Project Planning – Milestones, task lists and tasks help you break down complex projects into easily manageable units. Get more refined control with subtasks, recurring tasks, and dependencies.
- Gantt Charts – Gantt charts provide a detailed visual on the progress of your tasks in comparison to what was planned.
- Feeds – Feeds make staying updated with the latest in your projects as easy as browsing your favorite social network. The timeline gives you an easy way to get back to important posts.
- Timesheet – All members working on a project can easily log their billable and non-billable hours
- Reporting Tools – Zoho Reports is our advanced analytics and business intelligence app. The integration with Zoho Projects provides in-depth insights into your team’s progress.
- Collaboration Software – Employees, clients, vendors or consultants, nearby or from remote locations, all can work together seamlessly with a set of collaboration tools.
- Document Management – Share text files, spreadsheets, presentations and other documents associated with your team and work on them together. A version control system makes sure that everyone has access to the latest copy.
- IssueTracker – Log issues and track them as they get fixed and tested. Define custom workflows and business rules. Track code changes made in GitHub and Bitbucket.
Zoho Projects Integration
Zoho Projects integrates with Zoho’s other apps, such as Zoho Docs for Business, Zoho CRM, Zoho People and Zoho Mail. It also integrates with third-party apps, such as Google Apps, Microsoft Apps, Dropbox, Box, Slack and GitHub. Users can also import data from Jira and Basecamp.
- Standard – $20 / month billed annually plus tax, as applicable. 10 projects, 15 users.
- Express – $40 / month billed annually plus tax, as applicable. Unlimited projects, 25 users, $2/additional user/month.
- Premium – $85 / month billed annually plus tax, as applicable. Unlimited projects, 25 users, $3/additional user/month.
- Enterprise – $125 / month billed annually plus tax, as applicable. Unlimited projects, 25 users, $4/additional user/month.
Customer Service & Support
Users can refer to Zoho Projects resources, such as a user guide, an API guide, webinars, help videos and a knowledge base. They can also connect with other users within the community forum or contact Zoho Projects by email if they need additional support.
Smartsheet is a versatile simple project management software as a service (SaaS) application that is used to make collaboration and work management tasks easier. It uses spreadsheets to help streamline project management tasks, but is different from other spreadsheet-based applications because of the many collaboration options incorporated into it.
Smartsheet is designed to make planning, tracking, automating and reporting on work projects seamless, allowing teams to work together to keep projects moving.
Smartsheet works on almost any web browser, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari, Microsoft Edge, and Mozilla Firefox. Smartsheet also available on Android and IOS.
Smartsheet Key Features
- Collaboration – Empower teams to execute with agility, speed, and accountability
- Dashboard – Make the right decisions, at the right time, by surfacing information in real time with Smartsheet dashboards and reports
- Automate Work Processes – Empower business users to speed execution and foster innovation with forms that make it easy to collect and act on data, and with easy-to-configure rules that automate repetitive actions.
- Deliver Work at Scale – Smartsheet Control Center enables consistency of work execution with reduced operational risk
Rich, native connections into Microsoft Office365, Google Apps, Box, Dropbox, Skype, Jira, Salesforce, and ServiceNow.
- Individual ($14 / user / month, when billed annually) – Do more faster, collaborate with anyone.
- Business ($25 / user / month, when billed annually) – Drive execution with automated actions and dashboards.
- Enterprise – Execute at scale with security, visibility, and control. Contact smartsheet to get the price.
Customer Service & Support
Smartsheet has a ton of resources (webinars, knowledge base, customer support) to help get novices users up and running. Smartsheet focuses on creating good customer relationships by offering an extensive amount of customer service options. For questions that cannot be answered on the website, or through various tutorials, Smartsheet has phone and e-mail support.
Redbooth is a simple project management software that focuses on improving efficiency for teams with advanced collaborative resources. Redbooth offers a robust feature set, while staying simple and easy on the eyes. The software provides a single place for team collaboration tasks, discussions and file sharing. One thing that clients may find very attractive is it conferencing feature that has allows high definition video conferencing for online meetings and presentations.
Redbooth offers both cloud-based and on-premise services. The Redbooth web application works best with the most updated versions of Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Redbooth also available on Android and IOS device.
Redbooth Free Plan Features
- Up to 2 users
- 2 GB storage space
- Assign users & due dates
- Exportable Gantt Charts
- Task Overview
Redbooth Key Features
- Project management tools – Everything you need to plan and manage a project from beginning to end.
- Team workspaces – Create a fresh workspace for each new project, client, or department.
- Productivity reports – View trends for each workspace and ensure nothing falls through the cracks.
- Gantt chart builder – Create your chart with just a single click.
- Project templates – Make your own templates or access Redbooth’s project template library.
- Commenting – Share feedback, ask questions, collaborate with your team, and post the perfect GIF.
- Multiple assignment – You can assign a task to more than one person.
- File sharing – Upload your image, text, or even video files to Redbooth tasks to discuss with your team.
- Hashtags – Add another layer of organization with hashtags for themes or users.
Redbooth provides all of the essential integrations needed by clients for their project management needs. SharePoint integration enables team members to connect and share seamlessly all necessary information and resources. They also have tons of other integrations for better collaboration.
Redbooth doesn’t just piddle around with standard integrations like Outlook and Google Drive. They’ve also invested in great, unexpected integrations with other programs – Slack, Evernote, Github, and Zendesk, to name a few. You can even integrate with specialized project management programs like Pivotal Tracker.
- Pro ($9 / user / month) – Unlimited workspaces, Time Tracking, HD Video Meetings
- Business ($15 / user / month) – Resource Management, Advanced Subtasks, Redbooth Predict
- Enterprise (Contact redbooth to get thet price) – Multi-Org Settings, Success Manager, Volume Discounts
Customer Service & Support
Redbooth has a very good customer support system set up, especially when it comes to the variety (and quality) of educational material available online. Redbooth has provided users with several very good pre-recorded tutorials and webinars. In addition, users can access the knowledge base that contains a series of written tutorials to help you answer simple questions, navigate Redbooth’s many features, and troubleshoot some of the more common problems.
For questions that cannot be answered easily by online support material, or for those of you who simply prefer a more personal touch when solving problems, assistance is always available by emailing them. As a rule, Redbooth strives to answer questions within 24 hours, but it’s typically much quicker than that (Business users are given priority).
Meistertask is a agile, smart, and visualizing application that provides features for a more intuitive task management. At the project planning stage it can be integrated with the web-based mind-mapping application MindMeister. Users can then easily transition mapped tasks to Meistertask by simply dragging and dropping them into the project.
Meistertasks has an activity stream that lists down project activity entries where members can upload files, post notes and updates, and communicate any concerns and queries to the whole team. This allows the team to easily catch-up and be calibrated on the project status and deliverables.
Meistertasks is accessible across all browsers, devices and operating systems, making collaboration easy and efficient.
MeisterTask’s free Basic plan features
- Unlimited number of projects, tasks and project members
- Two integration instances (e.g. 1 Slack & 1 Zendesk project or 2 Slack projects)
- Checklists, comments, tags, time tracking
- File attachments (up to 20MB)
MeisterTask’s Pro features
Everything in basic plus :
- Unlimited integrations
- Workflow automations with section actions
- Project groups
- File attachments up to 200 MB per file
- Searchable task archive
- Statistics and reports
- Custom backgrounds
Applications that can be integrated with Meistertask includes: Slack, Github, Zendesk, Bitbucket, Hipchat and many more plus other cloud storage applications like Drobox, Google Drive, and many more.
- Basic (Free) – For simple & fun task management
- Pro ($8.25 / user / month) – For powerful integrations & workflow automations
- Business ($20.75 / user / month) – For group sharing & sophisticated permissions
- Enterprise – Individually tailored to your company’s needs.
Customer Service & Support
MeisterTask’s knowledge base includes articles categorized by topic (FAQ, The Tool, Project Workflow, Business Use Cases, Education Use Cases, and The MindMeister Integration) to help users learn more about MeisterTasks.
The Pro plan includes priority email support with a response time within one business day. The Business plan includes 24×7 priority email support with a quicker response time (less than one business day).
Asana is great for multi-tasking and simple project management software. It’s a good tool for simple projects but for managing complex project requirements it’s a little more difficult to use.
Asana allows team members to track everything they’re working on. With tasks, workspaces, notes, tags and a dashboard that updates information in real time, it facilitates smart decision-making in each stage of projects’ workflow.
Asana can be used for campaigns, launches or briefings. Teams can also assign permissions for each member and share project-related documents without having to use email. Asana is available for desktop, Android and iOS devices.
Asana Free Plan Features
- Unlimited tasks, projects, and conversations
- Up to 15 team members
- Basic dashboards
- Basic search
Asana Key Features
- Project Management – Work can be organized into shared projects as lists and teams can create tasks within those projects for meetings, programs and initiatives. In addition, project managers can add due dates to ensure each task is completed on time. Each team member can view the task assigned to them on a built-in calendar so they can properly plan and work on projects.
- Seamless Communication – Important communication is neatly stored in Asana’s portal. It keeps all team members connected, allowing them to share documents from their local devices, and chat one-on-one or in groups. Users can also comment directly on tasks for clarification on project details and ping teammates with a mention in Asana to keep things in order.
- Team Management – Asana’s centralized dashboards give project managers the ability to create new teams, add and remove members, modify member access, approve notifications, modify the name of an existing team or delete an entire team altogether. They can also invite guests to collaborate with partners, contracts and vendors in Asana.
- Project Views – Prioritized list with automated reminders, which users can browse with Asana’s search filter to see urgent tasks. Dashboards offer a high-level view of what’s going on throughout the organization. Users can also find project files they need in a gallery view with all of the related files. Asana’s Inbox provides automate updates for just the tasks, conversations and projects that matter to a team.
- Remote Access – Team leaders can add tasks in Asana by sending an email when they are away from the computer. Emailed tasks are added to the default organization or workspace that is specified in settings. Emailed attachments transition into task attachments, the email’s subject is saved as the name of the task and any content in the email’s body becomes the task description.
Asana can integrate with several PM and SaaS productivity applications, such as Dropbox, Google Calendar, Pivotal Tracker, Evernote, Instagantt, Zapier, Slack and Everhour.
- Free – basic version of Asana for teams that are just getting started.
- Premium ($9.99 / member / month billed annually) – Everything in free, plus: Timeline, Unlimited member, Unlimited dashboards, Advanced search & reporting, Custom fields, Task dependencies, Comment-only projects, Private teams and projects, Start dates, Admin controls, Customer success webinars, Priority support, Google SSO
- Enterprise (Contact Asana for the price) – Everything in Premium, plus: Manage team members with advanced admin controls like service accounts and SAML, Get specialized help from Asana customer success team, plus same day support, Maintain strict control over your data and security with user provisioning and deprovisioning, data deletion, and cross-regional backups, Put your logo front and center.
Customer Service & Support
Asana offers the following options for customer support:
- Email Support – Specific concerns and questions that can’t be answered from the FAQs can be addressed directly to Asana through its customer support page. Queries are generally responded to within 24 hours.
- Customer Success Program – For subscribers to its Premium Plan, Asana offers access to Success Managers: a team of support specialists dedicated to ensuring clients enjoy a positive experience as they grow with Asana. Customer Success Managers help teams through ongoing training, intuitive fixes and workflow optimization.
- Asana Guide – Asana’s website includes a dedicated guide for users to gain knowledge about features and best practices, see video tutorials, learn tips and browse other bits of relevant information.
Freedcamp is an easy-to-use simple project management software. Freedcamp is cloud based, you can be up and running with your first project in less than a minute, from creating an account to setting up your task lists. Freedcamp offers various visualization tools for your projects: taaks and schedules can be organized like grocery lists or displayed like sticky notes stuck to a fridge. The choice is yours. The set up looks deceptively easy to use, and it is. Freedcamp is one of the simple project management software with mobile app.
Freedcamp Core Features
- Kanban board – The modern way to manage tasks by dragging into completion columns.
- Milestones – Work towards deadlines by adding multiple Tasks with one common date goal.
- Calendar – Quickly add To-Dos, Milestones, and Events in a calendar overview.
- Time Tracking – Track time spent on different tasks, then bill those tasks with the Invoice application.
- Files – Easily access and search all files uploaded to your projects.
- Discussions – Communicate around ideas with a group of people.
- Wall – Stay in touch with your team with a social wall where people from all the Group projects can post status updates and comments.
Freedcamp integration features available as premium features/add-ons. You can integrate Freedcamp with existing cloud storage like Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive.
- Free – $0/user/month billed annually
- Minimalist – $1.49/user/month billed annually or $2.49 billed monthly
- Freelancer – $3.49/user/month billed annually or $4.99 billed monthly
- Business – $7.49/user/month billed annually or $8.99 billed monthly
- Enterprise – $16.99/user/month billed annually
Customer Service & Support
Users can watch basic and advanced Webinars to learn more about freedcamp. Freedcamp offer support through the feedback portal, contact form, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The main differences of support between the available plans is a response time.
Easynote is a simple project management software with powerful features including file sharing, message boards and calendar reminders.
Easynote keeps it’s users and simplicity at it’s core, as a result you get simple and intuitive layout and controls. You can easily add users, delegate tasks and set clear deadlines with reminders. Users are able to filter their tasks and see what they need to every day in both list and calendar views. You can also give updates on tasks through message boards as well as update their status.
Easynote Key Features
- Unlimited Features – Unlimited users, projects, tasks, and functions
- File Management – 1 GB of free storage. File attachments in your tasks and get an overview of all your attachments in your file manager
- Team Collaboration – Easynote has made managing, communicating, and collaborating with your team members incredibly easy.
- Deadlines and task dependencies
- Alarms and reminders
- Google Calendar Integration
- Business: $5 /month
- Extended: $10 /month
Customer Service & Support
Users can refer to Easynote’s knowledge base to learn how to use it. To get support from Easynote, you can go to the website and contact Easynote’s customer support to help you with any issues.
HiTask is a online project management software that allows you to track your own personal to-do list or to manage team projects in a fun and user-friendly environment. A calendar on the left-hand sidebar provides a quick way to see upcoming events and makes it easy to reschedule events to different times and days in the agenda view below. Hitask is available on the desktop web and in mobile app format (Android / IOS)
Hitask Key Features
- Projects, Tasks, Events – Organize and categorize your work
- Document Storage – Upload and attach files to tasks and projects
- Shared Calendar – Overview of your team events in one calendar
- Selective Sharing Permissions – Share with specific team members, choose who can modify or complete tasks
- Time Tracking – Track time spent on tasks, generate spent time reports
- Team Chat – Exchange messages without leaving your workspace
- Reports – Progress and spent time reporting
- Google Calendar
- Calendar apps, iCalendar, iOS calendar
- Free – Unlimited Tasks and Projects; Shared Task Lists, Projects and Calendars; Calendar Sync with Google, Outlook; 0.5 GB of File Storage per Team; No Sharing
- Team Business ($25/month) – Everything in free plan plus: Unlimited Storage; Selective Sharing and Access Permissions; Priority Online and Email Support
- Enterprise ($120/month) – Everything in business plan plus: 24/7 Priority Support; Personalized onboarding assistance; Single Sign-On Integration
Customer Service & Support
Users can click Support at the top of any page to start conversation with their customer service and access a search box that will scour the knowledge base for helpful articles.
Free Excel Simple Project Management Templates
There are many useful tools out there for simple project management. One such program you can utilize to keep track of your projects is Microsoft Excel. With Excel’s free templates, you can turn your simple spreadsheets into project management. Here is some free excel simple project management templates:
Project Managers working on small to midsize projects can use Microsoft Excel from Officetimeline to visualize, plan and track their projects. This may be a simple project management spreadsheet an Excel project tracker or something even more complicated like an Excel project management dashboard. For important client and executive communications Excel data can also be converted into PowerPoint slides.
There are hundreds of software tools for project management, but familiarity with spreadsheets and the flexiblity that they provide make using Excel a very popular solution. The project templates from Vertex42 are mostly related to project scheduling, including gantt chart / project schedule, timeline, project budgeting, to-do-list, and many more.
The beauty of a template is that you have a starting point you can use again and again. You don’t have to create a framework each time you want to report to stakeholders, communicate status, or track issues — the foundation is already built and you just have to add your own project information. Streamline your project tracking with ready-to-use simple project management templates in Excel, includng: gantt chart, project tracker, agile project plan, project budgeting, and many more.
Using Teamgantt’s premade Excel gantt chart schedule template can save you tons of time by organizing your project plan and tackling the tedious planning work for you! All you need to do is plug in your tasks and the dates, and you’ll have a presentation-quality Excel gantt chart. The gantt chart is compatible with Excel versions 2000 and up on Mac and Windows.
Download Excel and Word project templates from projectmanager.com to improve the way you manage tasks, teams and projects, from start to finish.
Free Download Simple Project Management Software
Here are some free simple project management software that can be downloaded and run by your self.
Ganttproject – Free Desktop Gantt Chart Project Management Tools
Ganttproject is free desktop Gantt Chart Project Management Software. GanttProject offers a completely free scheduling and management platform to ultimately better your business. With open source code, this product can be used on various operating systems, including Windows, MacOSX, and Linux.
- Create tasks and milestones
Aside from the start date and duration, every task may have priority, cost, color and fill pattern, text notes and user-defined custom fields.
- Organize tasks in a work breakdown structure
Hierarchical tree where progress, dates or costs of lower level tasks is summarized on the higher levels. Summary tasks can be collapsed to hide tasks which are not important at the moment.
Draw dependency constraints between tasks, like “start X when Y finishes” and GanttProject will take care of enforcing these constraints. You can add a lag or use other types of constraints.
Create baselines to be able to compare current project state with previous plans.
- PERT Chart
PERT chart for read-only view can be generated from the Gantt chart.
- Exporting Reports
Exporting Reports in HTML, PDF, or Excel format.
GanttProject Supported Operating System(s):
Windows, OSX, Linux
2-plan project management software consists of three project management tools. One is the 2-plan Desktop, “a free program for desktop scheduling” and other project manager related tasks. The second one is 2-plan Team, an open-source project software for the collaboration of teams online, which is a fork of Collabtive. The last one is Work 2-gether, a Scrum Board Task Management System. There are also additional programs and plugins that may be purchased in order to add more flexibility and functionality to the existing free solution.
Some of the many features included in 2-plan’s products are: project scheduling management, project planning tools, project plan creation, graphical work breakdown structure (WBS), a project control system and a many more.
2-Plan Supported Operating System(s):
The software includes downloads that are compatible with Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.
OpenProj – Free Opensource Desktop Gantt Chart Project Management Tools
OpenProj is an open-source desktop gantt chart project management tools similar to Microsoft Project. OpenProj has a familiar user interface and even opens existing MS Project files. Openproj allows you to create projects and break them up into steps and milestones and each may have its own set of details that allows you to delegate each millstone or step as tasks for teams.
- Earned Value Costing
Project management technique for measuring project performance and progress in an objective manner.
- Gantt chart
- PERT graph
- Resource Breakdown Structure (RBS) chart
- Task usage reports
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) chart
- Opens existing MS Project files
OpenProj Supported Operating System(s):
Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Web browser (OS agnostic)
DotProject is an open source software program. It allows for project managers to plan and monitor their projects online. Because it is free, it aims to serve individuals, small businesses, non profit organizations and more – with its project management features. The development team is built from a group of volunteers world-wide.
DotProject operates as a web-based project management system. In this program you can track projects, tasks, resources and scheduling information. The features of dotProject include:
- The ability to back up the dotProject database
- The ability to track dates and sort tasks by date
- The ability to track contact information – and assign contacts to various projects
- Gantt chart creation
- Produce quality reports
- Invoice clients based upon task logs
- Import information form Microsoft Project
- Use Timesheets for time tracking
- Search dotProject for pertinent information
- Manage both human and non-human resources
- Keep track of changes with the “history” function
- Keep project files together, with the project
- Use forums to track issues and collaborate with other team members
dotProject Supported Operating System(s):
Written in 2000 on the PHP platform, dotProject’s latest stable release is 2.1.8, released on July 27, 2013. It has a GNU GPL and supports all types of OS.
Open Workbench – Highly Evolved Project Management Open Source Software
Open Workbench is a robust, mature tool for project scheduling and management with Gantt Chart Project Management. It conforms to and supports the underlying ideals of project management while presenting information in a way that is intuitive and easy to learn. WIth Openworkbench, you can define a work breakdown structure, set dependencies and resource constraints, assign resources to tasks, auto schedule and then monitor progress. Open Workbench It is an alternative to Microsoft Project.
Open Workbench Features
- View Gantt Charts
- Integrate with the Clarity System
- Define Projects and create work breakdown structures
- Associate guidelines with tasks
- Schedule tasks automatically
- Create inter-project dependencies
- Assign resources to tasks
- Define and create project base-lines
- Schedule to either general or individual calendars
Open Workbench boasts many more features project managers will find helpful to their performance. The program’s most useful feature is its scheduling capabilities, and the ability to create a Work Breakdown Structure simply. Once the WBS has been created, project managers can easily assign resources, create
Open Workbench Supported Operating System(s):
Open Workbench runs under Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, Vista, and 7. It requires Java Runtime Environment version 1.3.1 or later.