The right scheduling software can save you time, reduce frustration and help you create better schedules for employees shift planning, projects, meetings, appointments, or something else. However, there are multiple factors to consider when comparing systems, but the best scheduling software companies offer all the services and tools you need and fit your budget.
We want to help you choose scheduling software that reduces the tedium of creating schedules. Here is a roundup of our best picks for Scheduling Software to fit your business needs.
- Best Free Appointment Scheduling Software
- Best Free Employee Scheduling Software
- Best Appointment Scheduling Software Overall
- Best Online Meeting Scheduling Software
- Best Meeting Scheduling Software
- Best Employee Scheduling Software
- Best Online Scheduling Software for Marketers
- Best Construction Scheduling Software
- Best Project Scheduling Software
Best Free Appointment Scheduling Software
Square Scheduling Software
Our review team selected Square Appointments and Booking App as the best free appointment scheduling software because it delivers the most scheduling, sales and overall business management features for free. Square is an easy scheduling software application for your customers to use. It allows your clients to set their own appointments, but staff can also access it to schedule meetings.
Square Appointments has everything you need to run your business: online booking that’s easy for you and your customers, a point of sale that tracks customer details, and a secure, fast payments system. It’s all in one place, and the only limitation that Square Appointments has is the free version is limited to one user. However, if you’re a solopreneur, Square gives you every tool you need to manage your client schedule and grow your business, all in one streamlined, easy-to-manage package — for free.
- Automatic Reminders and Notifications
- Built-In POS Tool
- Cloud-Based Calendar and 24/7 Online Booking
- Customer, Employee, and Location Management
- Electronic Signature Capture
- Google Calendar Integration
- Invoicing and Electronic Payments
- Mobile App for iOS Devices
- Reporting Tools and Dashboard
Get 24/7 online booking, seamless payment processing, and no-show protection, easily manage a growing team, and take care of your entire business from anywhere with Square Appointments for iPhone, iPad, and desktop.
Square Appointments offers a free plan for individuals and two paid subscription plans for teams: 2-5 Employees ($50/month) and 6-10 Employees ($90/month). Businesses are also charged with a transaction fee for every credit card transaction. The main differences between the plans are the number of employees who can use the platform and the applicable processing fee.
The platform offers a full set of administrative tools, and your clients will find it very easy to use. Users also be able to embed this scheduling software into their own website.
If your clients live in a different time zone, this application doesn’t automatically adjust the time zone. Also, customers can’t request to be added to a waitlist.
Best Free Employee Scheduling Software
Findmyshift – The Best Free Employee Scheduling Software
Our review team selected Findmyshift as the best free employee scheduling software because it delivers all basic features that needed for employee scheduling, such as create employee schedules, manage shift requests, communicate with your employee, and track the hours your employees are working.
Findmyshift is an online schedule maker that focused on employee scheduling. It provides everything its users need to manage their employees, all within the web browser and mobile app.
Free Plan Features
Findmyshift offers free schedule maker for businesses with 5 employees or less. This plan includes basic features such as Drag & drop scheduling, Timesheets, Time clock, Email notifications, SMS notifications, Push notifications, and Shift reminders. It also has some limitations such as only 1 week forward planning and 1 week of historical data.
This employee schedule maker solution provides Findmyshift mobile app that designed to help employees and their managers check and update their shifts on the go. The Findmyshift app enables employees to receive push notifications on their devices, to stay informed about changes and upcoming shifts, and clock-in and out of shifts.
The manager also is able to approve or reject shift requests, track employee locations as they clock-in/clock-out, approve or reject time-off requests, and moderate messages posted on the noticeboard.
The ability to access the software from anywhere with the Findmyshift mobile app. It’s ease of use for both desktop and mobile app.
The linear display format is good but would be better if it could be displayed in multiple formats to see how the roster balances out over several months.
Best Appointment Scheduling Software Overall
Simplybook.me is the best Appointment Scheduling Software that allowing service companies to accept bookings through your website, via Facebook or your SimplyBook.me mobile responsive booking site. It’s easy to use, yet customizable and flexible enough to fit your business or organization like a glove. In our opinion, SimplyBook.me is almost perfect as Appointment Scheduling Software for School or Universities.
SimplyBook.me offers a combination of site builder tools and online scheduling software. You have the usual features found in appointment-related tools, such as the ability to create a service package, schedule classes, events or individual appointments, accept online bookings, automated text message and email notifications, and payment processing.
- Online booking page – SimplyBook.me allows you to customize colors and logos for your booking page. It also lets you build an entire site around your booking page, choosing one of their many templates, and brand your booking page to give customers an excellent first impression.
- Coupons & Gift Cards – With SimplyBook.me you can create and sell gift cards, and send coupons to your clients with the Coupons & Gift Cards custom feature. You can make % and fixed amount discounts and sell gift certificates. Use this feature to promote your business.
- Reporting – SimplyBook.me has many reports that can help you to track your business growth and metrics such as financial reports, appointments reports, client reports, and payment transactions reports.
- Payment Systems – SimplyBook.me offers the most payment system options if compared with another booking app. With SimplyBook.me, you can accept payments from customers via Paypal, Stripe, Square, Authorize, CardConnect, Bitcoins, and many others.
Users can submit support request directly through email or by live chat. The help center page also contains a knowledge base and a search bar to find the specific information and support you need.
Simplybook.me has a free subscription option and three paid plans: Basic ($9.90/month), Standard ($19.90/month), and Premium ($39.90/month). The main differences between the plans include the number of bookings and availability of custom features such as group bookings, multiple bookings, secure online payments, calendar sync, multiple location management, contact widget, and more.
SimplyBook.me is one of the most flexible appointment scheduling software. It also gives marketers a feature to promote your business such as Coupons and Gift Certificates. Many options of payment systems to accept a payment from your customers.
SimplyBook.me not let customers make a recurring appointment as they want. It only allows you as a business owner to create a pack of services with a particular number of sessions in it.
Acuity Scheduling is the second best scheduling software for service-based businesses such as training and tutoring centers, coaching and consulting, photography and video production companies, fitness studios, salons, and spa centers and health and dental clinics.
Acuity Scheduling is an appointment scheduling software that lets your customers book appointments online and by themselves. You no longer have to go through email or phone tag with your clients to find a convenient time and you can focus on your work.
With more than 50,000 users, Acuity Scheduling becomes the best online scheduling software. Multiple staff personnel can use this program at the same time and see each other’s schedule on the group calendar. This software also integrates into many important programs such as Outlook and QuickBooks, which, makes it a powerful business software suite.
- Interactive calendar – Users can booking or canceling an appointment easily through the interactive calendar.
- Designate specific appointment types and set pricing – You can designate specific appointment types and set pricing for each type that’s provided in the form of a price quote from within the client portal.
- Accept payments from clients – With acuity you can accept payments from clients when they book their appointments or schedule payments, which clients can pay online via Stripe, Square, PayPal, Braintree & Authorize.net.
- Client services – Clients also have the option of filling out the intake form, or pre-appointment, paperwork online, which helps speed the check-in process the day of the appointment. It also offers clients the option of adding themselves to a waitlist, if the calendar is full and a day and time they desire are already booked.
- Integration – Acuity can be integrated with QuickBooks and GoToMeeting. It can also sync with Outlook, Google and iCal.
- Client history and reports – In Acuity you can see how often clients have canceled, missed, or rescheduled appointments.
Acuity Mobile App
With acuity mobile app, you and your clients can connect to the appointment scheduler using any mobile device and easily work your way through the booking process. Whether your clients use the mobile scheduler or the online one, they can schedule, cancel, or reschedule an appointment, though you can decide any cutoff times or other scheduling rules from the administrative portal.
Acuity has video tutorials and articles to help you get started using the software. All support and sales questions are through e-mail. Acuity’s Support Team online Monday-Friday 7am-8pm Eastern Time and always periodically throughout weekends and holidays.
Acuity Scheduling offers one free plan, Freebie, and three paid subscription plans: Emerging ($15/month), Growing ($25/month), and Powerhouse ($50/month). The main differences between the plans are the number of calendars included, multiple time zones for user’s different staff/locations, custom API & CSS, sign Business Associate Agreement (BAA) for HIPAA Compliance, and more.
Auto adjusts for time zones, let clients easily cancel & reschedule themselves, and automatically send reminders to keep clients prompt. Automatically send branded & customized confirmations, reminders & follow-ups—via email or text message—and even accept payment.
A few users said that there should be some more videos or guides showing you the different things that you can do with Acuity.
10to8 Scheduling Software – The One of The Most Popular Online Schedule Maker
Trusted by 40,000+ independent practitioners, tutors, coaches & small businesses, 10to8 is one of the most popular online schedule makers. This software has the ability to automatically send custom SMS & email reminders to cut no-shows, track client notes and attendance history, let clients book your free slots, take payments with Paypal or Stripe and sync 2-way with Google Calendar, Outlook or iCal.
With 10to8 appointment scheduling software, you have access to a full suite of scheduling features that can greatly simplify and streamline how you manage your schedule and how you coordinate with your clients. Whether you need 24/7 appointment booking options and calendar synchronization tools or reminder automation features and client management capabilities, this software has your needs covered.
- Reminder – The software has the ability to sends SMS and emails so that clients confirm and remember their appointments.
- Online Booking – 10to8 scheduling software allows clients to book your free slots online. And you can decide when, how and what can be booked, with manual booking request approval. The software also enables you to take payments with PayPal, Stripe, and SagePay.
- Calendar Sync – Sync with multiple external calendars to stop double booking.
- Chat with Clients – Get a 2-way Chat and stop being interrupted by phone calls.
- Staff Rotas – 10to8 provides simple rota management that allows you to coordinate multiple staff, calendars, rooms, and locations seamlessly. Also, you are able to track all changes, notes, payments, and history for customers and appointments.
- Reporting – With the live dashboard, you can track your business growth and metrics. You also be able to view incoming requests and upcoming appointments. In addition, you are able to run regular reports to see data by the staff member, service or customer.
- Integration – The software can be integrated with more 500+ apps with Zapier and Microsoft Flow. It also can be integrated with most popular accounting systems such as Quickbooks, Xero, Freshbooks, and many more.
Mobile Web App
10to8 offers a mobile web app that you can access by going to 10to8.com on your smartphone or tablet browser. From there, click ‘login’ from the website header, and you’ll land into your account. The app works well on Android, Windows Phone and iOS devices – there is no need to download anything from the app store.
Users can reach the customers support through email or by phone. The software also has an online support page that contains guides, FAQs and a search bar to find the specific information and support you need.
10to8 has a free plan, Small Business, and four paid subscription options: Basic ($12/month), Grow ($25/month), Bigger Business ($50/month), and Enterprise (customized pricing). The main differences between the plans are the number of appointments per month and number of staff logins.
The best part of 10to8 Scheduling Software is the ability to sends SMS and emails so that clients confirm and remember their appointments. Another good thing about this software is a free option that really helpful for you while starting up a new business.
Customers can’t request to be added to a waitlist. No Mobile app.
Best Online Meeting Scheduling Software
Our review team selected ezTalks as the best online meetings scheduling software that provides video conferencing, web conferencing, scheduling online meetings, screen sharing and more. It’s one of th most popular online video conferencing providers in the world that allows its users to connect with 100 participants at once. .
If you are seeking web meeting, conference call, whiteboard meeting or HD online meetings then this software is a more than the blessing for you. With ezTalks you can send a meeting invitation to your participants and bring them on business meeting within a couple of seconds.
- Quick Access to Meeting – Whenever an invitation is sent to your participants to join the conference, they simply need to enter the meeting number along with their names and within just one minute they will be able to enter ezTalks Meetings.
- HD Video and Audio Quality – ezTalks offers 1920 * 1080p HD resolution, which provides awesome audio and video transmissions. However, it also offers other resolutions for you to choose one that will satisfy your requirements depending on your bandwidth.
- Screen Sharing – ezTalks enables you to share your latest presentations, documents or video clips and get everyone on the same page.
- Whiteboard – The online whiteboard tool lets you draw up and brighten your unshaped ideas with pencil, highlighter, eraser, text, screen capture, etc. It makes interaction easier with more diverse and effective documents.
- Record the Conferences – This software is capable of recording the whole meetings for you to check the details afterward. After the conference is completed, you just need to click the “Stop” button and the video is going to be saved to your computer automatically.
- Schedule Meetings – With ezTalks you can organize a meeting beforehand and send an invitation to the participants.
- Text Live Chat – During video meetings, you are allowed to send instant messages and have direct communication with customers, partners, and suppliers either publicly or privately via text as long as you want.
- Control Meeting Settings – Being the host of the conference, you have got the right to control it, lock it, mute anybody or even kick somebody out. Moreover, you can also use another person as a presenter when you require him to share the screen or the files from his end.
EzTalks Video Meetings allow you to start or join free video conferencing calls on your mobile device. This online meeting app provides easy and quick access to the best association tools within seconds. Now you can host or join an online meeting, Instant chat and share content with meeting participants anytime, anywhere.
EzTalks has an online support page that contains guides, FAQs and a search bar to find the specific information and support you need. Support staff can be directly contacted at any time through a live chat or by phone.
EzTalks has a number of options out there with prices that can accommodate any budget. Besides its free service, the Premium plan is only starting at $12.99, with more robust video conferencing features than the Free plan. In this way, ezTalks Meetings is highly cost-effective, which is beneficial to enterprises, especially for startups or small businesses.
One of the best things about this software is the ability to easily cloud recordings of a multi-person meeting on a free plan. EzTalks offers so many powerful features with relatively lower price.
The software does not support android pad so far.
Best Meeting Scheduling Software
Our review team selected Doodle as the best meeting scheduling software for finding a date and time for many people to get together. This scheduling software simplifies scheduling by offering solutions that allow saving time and effort required to find meeting schedules. With Doodle, you can find a date for a meeting 2x faster by polling the participants and choosing the date with the most votes.
Doodle provides a mobile app that enables you to track your Doodle polls on the go and receive activity notifications. The Doodle app works seamlessly with all of your major devices.
Doodle offers one free plan and two paid plans, both requiring only a one-time fee: Private ($39) and Business ($69). The main difference between the plans is the number of premium users. Private subscriptions can only accommodate one premium user, while Business plan holders can have up to 250 premium users.
In Doodle you are able to customize options for meeting times – the times can be different each day of the week. Also, if you wish to have some time slots longer or shorter than others, that is an option. The poll automatically converts to the respondents time zones and you can receive a convenient notification to your email each time someone responds to the poll, making it easy to track responses.
The free version is fairly simple and does contain a lot of ads.
Best Employee Scheduling Software
Our review team selected Deputy Software as the best employee scheduling software for small to large businesses. Deputy is a cloud-based employee scheduling software solution that caters to businesses of all sizes across various industry verticals and provides them with employee management and scheduling functionalities.
The platform is easy for both administrators and employees to use and has a comprehensive feature set for setting up your schedule and communicating with your staff. It features automated scheduling, facility scheduling, task management, time clock and timesheets, payroll system integration, and more.
With over 270,000 users, it has grown to be a trusted and dependable second-in-command that effectively tackles matters in the workplace.
- Scheduling Software – Scheduling is easy to use that they can easily notify everyone with just one click, across multiple locations. Users can accurately cost full schedules and integrate POS data and live weather feed to identify peaks and troughs of sales/foot traffic and create a schedule efficiently. Overtime and time off management are also available to set up.
- Time & Attendance – Deputy easily captures when employees start and stop shifts. It also easily review and approve timesheets prior to export. In addition, you will also be able to export to your preferred payroll platform.
- Collaboration – The platform gives your staff an easy way to stay informed, share important messages and contribute to the workplace conversation.
- Tasking – With Deputy you can create and assign tasks to your staff and get notified when they’re done.
- Auto Scheduling – Auto-Scheduling takes the guesswork out of building your shift structure. Accurately forecast how many people you need working at any time using multiple demand signals (like sales, foot traffic, and bookings).
- Performance Management – Deputy allow you to build customized reports to get a clear overview of how your teams are tracking on performance. You will also be able to add a simple rating or comment on employee performance directly to their timesheets as you approve them.
- Forecast labor using multiple demand signals – Accurately forecast labor demand and build AI optimized shift structures using multiple demand signals, including POS and third-party data like weather, traffic, and movement patterns.
- Manage Time & Attendance with biometric Timeclock – Manage time & attendance across every location and any device.
- Open API – Open API and extensive network of integration partners provide endless opportunity to build your connected business. And if it doesn’t exist, Deputy teams will build it for you, configured to the requirements of your business.
- Integration – Deputy can be integrated with other popular systems such as Gusto, ADP, Xero, Sage, Intuit Quickbooks, and more.
Deputy Mobile App
Deputy’s mobile apps for iPhone and Android give you full visibility of what’s going on in your workplace, from the palm of your hand. With deputy mobile app you can:
- Deputy on Mobile iPhone App – Run your work life on your iPhone. As a manager, you can oversee your workplace remotely whilst employees are able to check work schedules, communicate with colleagues and supervisors, and see upcoming shifts & tasks.
- Deputy on Android App – The Android application provides extensive features for employees and high-level functionality for managers. The manager can post to newsfeed, view schedules, create and assign tasks, and Journaling. The employee will also be able to view newsfeed and comment, start & stop Shifts, view upcoming shifts, request leave, view and check off tasks.
Customers get 24/7 support, lots of Help prompts, how-to videos on all major functions, and a user Help forum.
Deputy offers three paid plans: Starter, Premium, and Enterprise. Starter and Premium cost $2 and $3 per user per month, respectively. You need to contact the company’s sales team for the pricing of their Enterprise plan. The main difference between plans is the availability of advanced features like automatic scheduling, configurable reporting and analytics, integration options, and more.
Deputy gives both the manager and the staff the flexibility to control their shifts and it gives the employees a sense of ownership – they are almost responsible for their own time management. The platform is very affordable for small business. It also can be integrated with other systems that related to workforce management, such as Gusto (payroll software), Quickbooks, Xero (accounting software), and many more.
The Android app doesn’t provide as many features as the iPhone app.
Best Online Scheduling Software for Marketers
Our review team selected Appointy as the best online scheduling software for marketers that provides class or group scheduling software. It suitable for businesses of any size and industry including Health & Wellness, Education, Medicine, Fitness, Salon, Professional Services, and others types of industry.
Appointy can be integrated seamlessly with your WordPress website and helps convert visitors into customers. It also can be integrated with calendaring systems like Google calendar and iCal. Customers can schedule themselves, anywhere, anytime at their convenience. Appointy also comes with a number of additional tools such as business analytics, customer analytics, email marketing etc.
This scheduling software solutions also offers a mobile app that can be downloaded at PlayStore (for Android Phone) and AppStore (for IOS phone).
Trusted by 130,000+ customers worldwide, Appointy becomes the most popular online scheduling software in the world.
- Clients self-schedule 24×7
- Integrate on your website and Facebook page
- Daily, weekly, and monthly availability in just one click
- Schedule classes, groups, events or individual appointments
- Schedule resources/ equipment/ rooms in addition to staff
- Automatic reminders (through email or SMS)
- Accept payments through Square, Stripe, PayPal, and Authorize.Net.
Users can submit support request directly through Appointy’s help center or by live chat. The help page also contains a knowledge base and a search bar to find the specific information and support you need. In addition, customers can access Appointy Community for additional resources, such as product guidelines, get information on new features, and communicate with other customers.
Appointy offers one free plan and three paid subscription plans, billed annually: Growth ($19.99/month), Professional ($49.99/month), and Enterprise ($79.99/month). The main differences between the plans are the number of appointments per month, number of staff access, and other additional features, such as customization, online marketing tools, multiple location support, and more.
Overall, this online scheduling software is an intuitive platform with most of the features necessary for business scheduling systems.
Appointy doesn’t merge with Salesforce or accounting solutions, so you’ll have to handle payment information separately.
Best Construction Scheduling Software
Our review team selected Buildertrend as the best construction scheduling software that some of the tools include the all-important scheduling feature that automatically shifts when changes are entered to the system. It is a construction management system for home builders, remodelers, specialty contractors and general contractors. It combines construction scheduling software, project management, financial management, customer management and service management in a single suite.
This construction project management system is also integrated with other solutions such as QuickBooks, Xero and various dedicated estimating and takeoff tools.
Buildertrend’s construction app keep everyone informed by quickly adding daily logs, updating schedules, marking up plans and more. It available on Playstore (Android) and App Store (IOS).
This solution provides each company with an account manager to provide training and support. Also included are customized branding, daily webinars, support chat, the Buildertrend Learning Community, a 24/7 help section and Buildertrend University.
Buildertrend pricing starts at $99 per month for one project, with no setup fees and with a 30-day money back guarantee. Their more detailed pricing structures aren’t readily available on the website, but they do specify that the more projects a user adds, the cheaper the monthly fee becomes.
This software has very many great features that are in demand by construction companies. It’s easy to learn and use. In Buildertrend, you are able to manage bids, leads, proposals before the project starts.
The pricing is very high and It starts from $99 per month only for 1 project. Some features can often be difficult to find or use but it is just a matter of playing around with the program to figure out how to use it.
Best Project Scheduling Software
Our review team selected Teamgantt as the best Project Scheduling Software for teams across diversified organizations. This software is a beautiful and simple way to visually schedule your projects in just minutes. It’s used by thousands of companies in over 60 countries.
With TeamGantt, you can load job schedules in minutes and begin using the Gantt chart immediately. TeamGantt also helps you know exactly what each team members is working on at all times within a project schedule. See all your jobs and team members hours in a single unified view
- Drag & Drop Simplicity – Change start and end dates, reorder tasks, and adjust your timelines in a single click.
- Easy Collaboration for Your Team – See every project update and document on a single page and quickly share them with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Customizable Views – Choose to see tasks by day, in a calendar view, a simple list format, or in a Gantt chart.
- See Team Availability & Workload – Manage resources, stay on budget, and ensure everyone is working but not overloaded with an easy-to-access availability tab.
- View Planned Timeline vs. Actual Timeline – Compare the original timeline projection with the actual timeline of the project with a baseline report.
Teamgantt provides a mobile app for android and IOS. This app lets you manage projects on the go. You can update projects and communicate with your team directly from the app. The app is ideal for updating projects and collaborating with your team.
Users can refer to Teamgantt resources, such as a user guide, help videos, and a knowledge base. They can also reach the customer services through in-app messaging, email, or by phone.
- Free – 1 project. Basic planning and collaboration. Up to 3 user.
- Standard Team – Unlimited projects. Planning + collaborative features. 5+ users. Start from $39.50 per month (billed annually)
- Advanced Team – Unlimited projects. Everything + time tracking, hourly estimating. 5+ users. Start from $62.25 per month (billed annually)
Teamgantt helps you see all the processes in one place and you don’t have any uncovered one. Another good point is the ability to start projects intuitively without guidance from bots or any generated instructions.
There aren’t any in-app notifications, that means, that you have to always check your email (that is not so easy for some people). No in-app chat or other real-time communication tools.