In our search for the best mobile payroll app, we looked for app that easy to use. We also consider those features that allows employees to access their current and previous paychecks, and allows users to process payroll through mobile app.
Intuit Payroll App
Intuit Payroll is one of the most popular payroll software in the United States available today. It is an advanced payroll software that allows businesses to fully customize and control their payroll computation and management. Its features include 24/7 direct deposit and bills payment.
Intuit Payroll Features
- Calculate paychecks accurately.
- Calculate payroll taxes automatically.
- Easily manage payroll taxes – File and pay taxes electronically. Or let Intuit handle them for you and get a no-penalty guarantee.
- Accuracy Guaranteed – Intuit promise to pay and file your taxes accurately and on time, or Intuit pay any resulting penalties.
- Free Same Day Direct Deposit – In Quickbooks Full Service Payroll you can pay your employees faster with free same day direct deposit. Submit payroll up to 7 AM (PT) the day of payday.
- Payroll Reports – Review your payroll at a glance with detailed reports.
- Works with or without QuickBooks.
Mobile Payroll App
Some of Intuit Payroll functionality carries over to the Mobile Payroll App, which is available on iOS and Android devices.
- Create accurate paychecks in seconds
- E-pay taxes & e-file forms
- Pay workers by direct deposit (it’s free!)
- Get email reminders and notifications for payday & tax deadlines
Intuit Payroll offers three pricing plans: Basic ($30/month + $4/employee/month), Enhanced ($45/month + $4/employee/month), and Full Service ($109/month + $4/employee/month). The main difference between the plans is the inclusion of additional features such as electronic tax filing & payment and full automation of payroll services.
ADP Workforce Now
ADP Workforce is a cloud-based human resources and payroll software that provides expert support and analytics for data-driven insights. ADP has all of the tools needed to be able to provide you with a Single Source Solution that is fully integrated. It offers services for managing payroll and tax filing, benefits, bonuses, commissions, time and attendance, employee health statistics, and talent management.
- Automated and error-free online payroll processing
- Payroll by direct deposit and checks.
- Paying employees by debit cards
- Self-service app for employees – ADP equips your employees with anytime, anywhere self-service access to their information.
- Integration with time-tracking, HR, benefits, talent and more
- Payroll taxes calculated and paid on your behalf – ADP helps companies manage payroll taxes by automating deductions from employee wages and making sure the right amount of money is delivered to the government, based on the latest payroll tax rules and regulations.
- Create and distribute W-2 and 1099 forms
- Expert payroll software and tax support available 24/7
You can streamline the process of managing benefit plans. Plus, you can get ACA compliance support and enhanced enrollment capabilities.
The benefits administration features are all compliant with annual reporting requirements for IRS forms 1094 and 1095. This feature offers a dashboard for all reporting statuses. Users can also get status and confirmation reports with detailed information on premiums, deductions, beneficiaries, covered dependents, coverage levels, and enrollments.
Mobile Payroll App
With ADP Mobile Solutions, clients also receive self-service tools for employees and manager, such as the widely used ADP Mobile app, to access paychecks, W-2s, timecards, benefit information and more.
Key Employee Features:
- View pay & W2 statements
- View & request time off
- Track time & attendance
- Punch In / Out
- Create Timesheets
- Update, edit, & approve time cards
- View & request time off
- View pay card accounts
- View benefit plan information
- Contact colleagues
Key Manager Features:
- Approve time cards
- Approve time off
- View team calendars
ADP Workforce Now’s pricing structure isn’t readily available on their website, but according to a third party website, pricing starts at $62 per month. Potential users are encouraged to contact their sales team to get a custom quote.
SurePayroll is a payroll software that offers affordable online payroll services such as 401k planning, tax filing and deposit, and payroll accounting services. The system features an easy-to-use interface that can be accessed online from anywhere. Employees also have access to the system. Further, the company offers a range of other services, like retirement plans and health insurance, that small businesses might find valuable.
- Employee and Contractor Payroll – With SurePayroll, you can pay both full-time w-2 employess and 1099 contractors and freelancers.
- Running Payroll – Running payroll can be completed in three steps. You enter your employees’ hours or salaries, plus any deductions and paid time off, preview the taxes being withheld and approve the payroll. Payroll needs to be run by 2 p.m. two days before your payday.
- Direct Deposit or Paper Checks – Employees can be paid by direct deposit or paper checks that you print out on your own.
- Federal, State, & Local Taxes – SurePayroll handles all payroll tax obligations. The service calculates, files, and pays all payroll taxes on your behalf to the proper federal, state, and local agencies. This service comes with a guarantee that it is done correctly and on time. If it isn’t, SurePayroll will fix the errors and pay any fines that are incurred.
- Integration with time & attendance system – SurePayroll integrates with a time and attendance system, which eliminates the need to manually enter payroll information twice. Users simply import data from their time-clock solution and add other earnings, if needed. SurePayroll integrates with time clock solutions, such as NOVAtime, BuddyPunch and more.
- Employees can log into the system via the website or mobile app in order to review their pay stubs and year-end tax documents.
Mobile Payroll App Features
SurePayroll is available as a mobile app downloadable from iTunes or Google Play. Businesses can run payroll from not just their offices, but anywhere. Within the mobile app, users can process payroll, access employees’ information, stay on top of deadlines and view previous payroll reports. There’s also an employee app that allows employees to access their current and previous paychecks.
- Pay your salary, hourly and 1099 contractors
- Enter earning, deductions and hours worked
- Track sick, vacation and personal time
- Access employees’ contact information
- Stop direct deposit
- Stay on top of payroll deadlines, bank holidays, employees’ birthdays and compliance updates.
- There’s also an employee app that allows employees to access their current and previous paychecks.
- And more.
SurePayroll offers a subscription plan called the Small Business Payroll. It costs $49.99/month plus $5/employee/contractor/month for bi-weekly payrolls and $4/employee/contractor/month for monthly payrolls. The main difference between the employee payroll is the salary frequency.
Paycor’s Employee Mobile App
Paycor is a cloud-based integrated platform of payroll and other human capital management (HCM) services. This payroll software for small business offers functionality to encompasses the entire employee lifecycle – from recruiting and onboarding to time and attendance management.
Since 2005, Paycor has been known to provide integration and scalability to their solutions while continuously innovating to address the changing needs of their users. This dedication has made Paycor become a trusted partner of more than 30,000 small and medium-sized businesses, providing the needed solutions that helped them save time and money.
- Smart Streamlining – Optimize your payroll services with general ledger integration, employee self service, helpful HR resources like form templates and reporting tools. Reduce hours of work through a smarter, more efficient solution.
- Employee Support – From direct deposit and paycards to wage garnishments, child support payments and seamless 401K integration, you can simplify all the services your employees need and want.
- Tax Compliance Assistance – Let Paycor’s team experts assist you with complicated areas like payroll tax compliance and workers comp so you can focus on paying your people.
- Powerful Reporting & Analytics – Make real-time business decisions with Paycor powerful analytics platform. Through pre-post reporting and export tools, it offers the ultimate payroll accuracy.
Mobile Payroll App
With Paycor’s Employee Mobile App employees can access all of their most important information, includes paycheck information, request time off, and clock-in/clock-out right from their smartphone.
- Review Pay Information – Employees can see paycheck details like earnings, deductions and year-to-date totals. Up to three years of pay information is available to view quickly and securely.
- View Benefits Information – Employees can instantly open their benefits information right from their phone.
- Request Time Off – Employees can request time off without having to sign into a computer or come talk to you. And they can check how many days off they have left.
- Clock-In/Clock-Out – Administrators have the option to allow employees to punch in or out using their mobile phone. They can even choose which location or department they are punching into if they work in multiple locations or departments.
Paycor pricing starts at a basic fee of $49 per payroll cycle for 10 employees. Every employee in excess will cost an additional $3 each per payroll cycle. For more personalized pricing, including any additional monthly or yearly fees, users need to call for a custom quote.