Scheduling appointments are one of those tasks you should be passing on to your computer—and luckily, there is a lot of great online schedule maker that make scheduling appointments as pain-free as possible. The right online schedule maker can save you time, reduce frustration and help you create better schedules for employees shift planning, projects, meetings, appointments, or something else.
Before making any kind of decision, it’s often best to do thorough research on the online schedule maker that may (or may not) work best for your unique needs. Here is a roundup of our best picks for Online Schedule Maker to fit your business needs, including free online schedule maker, appointment scheduling software, employee schedule maker, meetings scheduler, and online class schedule maker.
- Best Free Online Schedule Maker
- Best Appointment Scheduling Software
- Best Meeting Scheduler Software
- Best Employee Schedule Maker
- Best Online Class Schedule Maker
Best Free Online Schedule Maker
Square Scheduling – The Best Free Schedule Maker for Service-Based Businesses
Our review team selected Square Appointments and Booking App as the best free schedule maker for service-based businesses because it delivers the most scheduling, sales and overall business management features for free. Square is an easy online schedule maker application for your customers to use. It allows your clients to set their own appointments, but staff can also access it to schedule meetings.
Square Appointments has everything you need to run your business: online booking that’s easy for you and your customers, a point of sale that tracks customer details, and a secure, fast payments system. It’s all in one place, and the only limitation that Square Appointments has is the free version is limited to one user. However, if you’re a solopreneur, Square gives you every tool you need to manage your client schedule and grow your business, all in one streamlined, easy-to-manage package — for free.
- Automatic Reminders and Notifications
- Built-In POS Tool
- Cloud-Based Calendar and 24/7 Online Booking
- Customer, Employee, and Location Management
- Electronic Signature Capture
- Google Calendar Integration
- Invoicing and Electronic Payments
- Mobile App for iOS Devices
- Reporting Tools and Dashboard
Get 24/7 online booking, seamless payment processing, and no-show protection, easily manage a growing team, and take care of your entire business from anywhere with Square Appointments for iPhone, iPad, and desktop.
The platform offers a full set of administrative tools, and your clients will find it very easy to use. Users also are able to embed this Appointment Scheduling Software into their own website.
If your clients live in a different time zone, this application doesn’t automatically adjust the time zone. Also, customers can’t request to be added to a waitlist.
Findmyshift – The Best Free Employee Schedule Maker
Our review team selected Findmyshift as the best free employee schedule maker because it delivers all basic features that needed for employee scheduling, such as create employee schedules, manage shift requests, communicate with your employee, and track the hours your employees are working.
Findmyshift is an online schedule maker that focused on employee scheduling. It provides everything its users need to manage their employees, all within the web browser and mobile app.
Free Plan Features
Findmyshift offers a free plan for businesses with 5 employees or less. This plan includes basic features such as Drag & drop scheduling, Timesheets, Time clock, Email notifications, SMS notifications, Push notifications, and Shift reminders. It also has some limitations such as only 1 week forward planning and 1 week of historical data.
This employee schedule maker solution provides Findmyshift mobile app that designed to help employees and their managers check and update their shifts on the go. The Findmyshift app enables employees to receive push notifications on their devices, to stay informed about changes and upcoming shifts, and clock-in and out of shifts.
The manager is also able to approve or reject shift requests, track employee locations as they clock-in/clock-out, approve or reject time-off requests, and moderate messages posted on the noticeboard.
The ability to access the software from anywhere with the Findmyshift mobile app. It’s ease of use for both desktop and mobile app.
The linear display format is good but would be better if it could be displayed in multiple formats to see how the roster balances out over several months.
Best Appointment Scheduling Software
SimplyBook.me – The Best and Most Flexible Online Schedule Maker for Service-Based Business
Simplybook.me is the best Appointment Scheduling Software that allowing service companies to accept bookings through your website, via Facebook or your SimplyBook.me mobile responsive booking site. It’s easy to use, yet customizable and flexible enough to fit your business or organization like a glove. In our opinion, SimplyBook.me is almost perfect as Appointment Scheduling Software for School or Universities.
SimplyBook.me offers a combination of site builder tools and scheduling software. You have the usual features found in appointment-related tools, such as the ability to create a service package, schedule classes, events or individual appointments, accept online bookings, automated text message and email notifications, and payment processing.
- Online booking page – SimplyBook.me allows you to customize colors and logos for your booking page. It also lets you build an entire site around your booking page, choosing one of their many templates, and brand your booking page to give customers an excellent first impression.
- Coupons & Gift Cards – With SimplyBook.me you can create and sell gift cards, and send coupons to your clients with the Coupons & Gift Cards custom feature. You can make % and fixed amount discounts and sell gift certificates. Use this feature to promote your business.
- Reporting – SimplyBook.me has many reports that can help you to track your business growth and metrics such as financial reports, appointments reports, client reports, and payment transactions reports.
- Payment Systems – SimplyBook.me offers the most payment system options if compared with another booking app. With SimplyBook.me, you can accept payments from customers via Paypal, Stripe, Square, Authorize, CardConnect, Bitcoins, and many others.
Users can submit support request directly through email or by live chat. The help center page also contains a knowledge base and a search bar to find the specific information and support you need.
Simplybook.me has a free subscription option and three paid plans: Basic ($9.90/month), Standard ($19.90/month), and Premium ($39.90/month). The main differences between the plans include the number of bookings and availability of custom features such as group bookings, multiple bookings, secure online payments, calendar sync, multiple location management, contact widget, and more.
SimplyBook.me is one of the most flexible appointment scheduling software. It also gives marketers a feature to promote your business such as Coupons and Gift Certificates. Many options of payment systems to accept a payment from your customers.
SimplyBook.me not let customers make a recurring appointment as they want. It only allows you as a business owner to create a pack of services with a particular number of sessions in it.
Acuity Scheduling – The Second-Best Online Schedule Maker for Service-Based Businesses
Our review team selected Acuity scheduling as the best online schedule maker for service-based businesses such as training and tutoring centers, coaching and consulting, photography and video production companies, fitness studios, salons, spa centers, and health and dental clinics.
Acuity Scheduling is an appointment scheduling software that lets your customers book appointments online and by themselves. You no longer have to go through email or phone tag with your clients to find a convenient time and you can focus on your work.
With more than 50,000 users, Acuity Scheduling becomes the best online schedule maker. Multiple staff personnel can use this program at the same time and see each other’s schedule on the group calendar. This software also integrates into many important programs such as Outlook and QuickBooks, which, makes it a powerful business software suite.
- Interactive calendar – Users can booking or canceling an appointment easily through the interactive calendar.
- Designate specific appointment types and set pricing – You can designate specific appointment types and set pricing for each type that’s provided in the form of a price quote from within the client portal.
- Accept payments from clients – With acuity you can accept payments from clients when they book their appointments or schedule payments, which clients can pay online via Stripe, Square, PayPal, Braintree & Authorize.net.
- Client services – Clients also have the option of filling out the intake form, or pre-appointment, paperwork online, which helps speed the check-in process the day of the appointment. It also offers clients the option of adding themselves to a waitlist, if the calendar is full and a day and time they desire is already booked.
- Integration – Acuity can be integrated with QuickBooks and GoToMeeting. It can also sync with Outlook, Google and iCal.
- Client history and reports – In Acuity you can see how often clients have canceled, missed, or rescheduled appointments.
Acuity Mobile App
With acuity mobile app, you and your clients can connect to the appointment scheduler using any mobile device and easily work your way through the booking process. Whether your clients use the mobile scheduler or the online one, they can schedule, cancel, or reschedule the appointment. Though you can decide any cutoff times or other scheduling rules from the administrative portal.
Acuity has video tutorials and articles to help you get started using the software. All support and sales questions are through e-mail. Acuity’s Support Team online Monday-Friday 7am-8pm Eastern Time and always periodically throughout weekends and holidays.
Acuity Scheduling offers one free plan, Freebie, and three paid subscription plans: Emerging ($15/month), Growing ($25/month), and Powerhouse ($50/month). The main differences between the plans are the number of calendars included, multiple time zones for user’s different staff/locations, custom API & CSS, sign Business Associate Agreement (BAA) for HIPAA Compliance, and more.
Auto adjusts for time zones, let clients easily cancel & reschedule themselves, and automatically send reminders to keep clients prompt. Automatically send branded & customized confirmations, reminders & follow-ups—via email or text message—and even accept payment.
A few users said that there should be some more videos or guides showing you the different things that you can do with Acuity.
10to8 Scheduling Software – One of The Most Popular Online Schedule Maker
Trusted by 40,000+ independent practitioners, tutors, coaches & small businesses, 10to8 is one of the most popular Appointment Scheduling Software. This software has the ability to automatically send custom SMS & email reminders to cut no-shows, track client notes and attendance history, let clients book your free slots, take payments with Paypal or Stripe and sync 2-way with Google Calendar, Outlook or iCal.
With 10to8 scheduling software, you have access to a full suite of scheduling features that can greatly simplify and streamline how you manage your schedule and how you coordinate with your clients. Whether you need 24/7 appointment booking options and calendar synchronization tools or reminder automation features and client management capabilities, this software has your needs covered.
Another best part of 10to8 Appointment Scheduling Software is a free option that really helpful for you while starting up a new business. It offers a free plan with access to all features that can be used by businesses with maximum 2 staff.
- Reminder – The software has the ability to sends SMS and emails so that clients confirm and remember their appointments.
- Online Booking – This online schedule maker allows clients to book your free slots online. And you can decide when, how and what can be booked, with manual booking request approval. The software also enables you to take payments with PayPal, Stripe, and SagePay.
- Calendar Sync – Sync with multiple external calendars to stop double booking.
- Chat with Clients – Get a 2-way Chat and stop being interrupted by phone calls.
- Staff Rotas – 10to8 provides simple rota management that allows you to coordinate multiple staff, calendars, rooms, and locations seamlessly. Also, you are able to track all changes, notes, payments, and history for customers and appointments.
- Reporting – With the live dashboard, you can track your business growth and metrics. You also be able to view incoming requests and upcoming appointments. In addition, you are able to run regular reports to see data by the staff member, service or customer.
- Integration – The software can be integrated with more 500+ apps with Zapier and Microsoft Flow. It also can be integrated with most popular accounting systems such as Quickbooks, Xero, Freshbooks, and many more.
Mobile Web App
10to8 offers a mobile web app that you can access by going to 10to8.com on your smartphone or tablet browser. From there, click ‘login’ from the website header, and you’ll land into your account. The app works well on Android, Windows Phone and iOS devices – there is no need to download anything from the app store.
Users can reach the customers support through email or by phone. The software also has an online support page that contains guides, FAQs and a search bar to find the specific information and support you need.
10to8 has a free plan, Small Business, and four paid subscription options: Basic ($12/month), Grow ($25/month), Bigger Business ($50/month), and Enterprise (customized pricing). The main differences between the plans are the number of appointments per month and number of staff logins.
The best part of 10to8 Scheduling Software is the ability to sends SMS and emails so that clients confirm and remember their appointments. Another good thing about this software is a free option that really helpful for you while starting up a new business.
Customers can’t request to be added to a wait list. No Mobile app.
Best Meeting Scheduler Software
Doodle – The Best Meeting Scheduler Software
Our review team selected Doodle as the best meeting scheduler software for finding a date and time for many people to get together. This online schedule maker simplifies scheduling by offering solutions that allow saving time and effort required to find meeting schedules. With doodle, you can find a date for a meeting 2x faster by polling the participants and choosing the date with the most votes.
Doodle provides a mobile app that enables you to track your Doodle polls on the go and receive activity notifications. The Doodle app works seamlessly with all of your major devices.
Doodle offers one free plan and two paid plans, both requiring only a one-time fee: Private ($39) and Business ($69). The main difference between the plans is the number of premium users. Private subscriptions can only accommodate one premium user, while Business plan holders can have up to 250 premium users.
In Doodle you are able to customize options for meeting times – the times can be different each day of the week. Also, if you wish to have some time slots longer or shorter than others, that is an option. The poll automatically converts to the respondents time zones and you can receive a convenient notification to your email each time someone responds to the poll, making it easy to track responses.
The free version is fairly simple and does contain a lot of ads.
Calendly – The Most Popular Meeting Scheduler Software
Calendly is a powerful online schedule maker for scheduling meeting, which aims to save time, accelerate sales, and improve service quality. This scheduling software solution lets you customize your availability and schedule appointments with your users and visitors. It also lets you create a landing page with your calendar where participants can choose when to meet with you.
With Calendly’s pro version, you can also collect payments for your meetings via PayPal or Stripe. It also has the ability to sends a confirmation when a meeting has been scheduled and also sends a reminder through email and SMS before the meeting.
- Landing page – You can create a landing page that allows your visitors to easily book a meeting.
- Event type – Choice to create one-to-one or group meetings.
- Messaging tools – Schedule with your invitees through their preferred method—whether text, email, chat or in-app message—to send automatic meeting confirmations and reminders.
- Integration – Calendly can be integrated with most popular calendar systems to avoid doubling meetings, such as Google, Outlook, iCloud, and Office 365. It also can be integrated with most popular systems such as GoToMeeting, Salesforce, and Zapier.
- Embedding schedule on your website using pop-up or inline.
- Calendly for Chrome – The platform provides a chrome extension that allows you to schedule directly from the browser window.
- Payment systems integration – With Calendly, you can collect payment from your invites at the meeting time directly via Paypal or Stripe.
- API access to create custom integrations.
- Teamwork features.
Calendly offers a mobile web app that you can access by going to calendly.com on your smartphone or tablet browser.
Calendly offers support through email and onboarding support for 10+ users. It also has an online support page that contains a knowledge base and a search bar to find the specific information and support you need. In addition, customers can access Calendly Community for additional resources, such as product guidelines, get information on new features, and communicate with other customers.
Calendly offers three pricing plans Basic, Premium, and Pro. The Basic plan is free, letting you connect the app with the most popular calendars and schedule unlimited events. The Premium plan costs $10 per month. It contains all basic features as well as team collaboration, customized email notifications, reminders, and integrations. The Pro plan costs $15 per month. The Pro plan includes an SMS notification option and more advanced integrations, among others PayPal and Salesforce.
The best part about Calendly is the ability to combine the availability of selected team members so that your guest is only shown the number of times everyone is available, making it perfect for collaborative or supplier meetings and even collective interviews.
Another good thing about this online schedule maker is the integration with GoToMeeting and the ability to embed the scheduling service on any webpage, including WordPress.
Some basic features require an upgrade to the Calendly PRO plan, such as redirecting to a page and Google Analytics. No mobile app.
Best Employee Schedule Maker
Deputy Software – The Best Employee Schedule Maker
Our review team selected Deputy Software as the best employee schedule maker application for small to large businesses. Deputy is a cloud-based employee scheduling software solution that caters to businesses of all sizes across various industry verticals and provides them with employee management and scheduling functionalities.
The platform is easy for both administrators and employees to use and has a comprehensive feature set for setting up your schedule and communicating with your staff. It features automated scheduling, facility scheduling, task management, time clock and timesheets, payroll system integration, and more.
With over 270,000 users, it has grown to be a trusted and dependable second-in-command that effectively tackles matters in the workplace.
- Scheduling Software – Scheduling is easy to use that they can easily notify everyone with just one click, across multiple locations. Users can accurately cost full schedules and integrate POS data and live weather feed to identify peaks and troughs of sales/foot traffic and create a schedule efficiently. Overtime and time off management are also available to set up.
- Time & Attendance – Deputy easily captures when employees start and stop shifts. It also easily review and approve timesheets prior to export. In addition, you will also be able to export to your preferred payroll platform.
- Collaboration – The platform gives your staff an easy way to stay informed, share important messages and contribute to the workplace conversation.
- Tasking – With Deputy you can create and assign tasks to your staff and get notified when they’re done.
- Auto Scheduling – Auto-Scheduling takes the guesswork out of building your shift structure. Accurately forecast how many people you need working at any time using multiple demand signals (like sales, foot traffic, and bookings).
- Performance Management – Deputy allow you to build customized reports to get a clear overview of how your teams are tracking on performance. You will also be able to add a simple rating or comment on employee performance directly to their timesheets as you approve them.
- Forecast labor using multiple demand signals – Accurately forecast labor demand and build AI optimized shift structures using multiple demand signals, including POS and third-party data like weather, traffic, and movement patterns.
- Manage Time & Attendance with biometric Timeclock – Manage time & attendance across every location and any device.
- Open API – Open API and extensive network of integration partners provide endless opportunity to build your connected business. And if it doesn’t exist, Deputy teams will build it for you, configured to the requirements of your business.
- Integration – Deputy can be integrated with other popular systems such as Gusto, ADP, Xero, Sage, Intuit Quickbooks, and more.
Deputy Mobile App
Deputy’s mobile apps for iPhone and Android give you full visibility of what’s going on in your workplace, from the palm of your hand. With deputy mobile app you can:
- Deputy on Mobile iPhone App – Run your work life on your iPhone. As a manager, you can oversee your workplace remotely whilst employees are able to check work schedules, communicate with colleagues and supervisors, and see upcoming shifts & tasks.
- Deputy on Android App – The Android application provides extensive features for employees and high-level functionality for managers. The manager can post to newsfeed, view schedules, create and assign tasks, and Journaling. The employee will also be able to view newsfeed and comment, start & stop Shifts, view upcoming shifts, request leave, view and check off tasks.
Customers get 24/7 support, lots of Help prompts, how-to videos on all major functions, and a user Help forum.
Deputy offers three paid plans: Starter, Premium, and Enterprise. Starter and Premium cost $2 and $3 per user per month, respectively. You need to contact the company’s sales team for the pricing of their Enterprise plan. The main difference between plans is the availability of advanced features like automatic scheduling, configurable reporting and analytics, integration options, and more.
Deputy gives both the manager and the staff the flexibility to control their shifts and it gives the employees a sense of ownership – they are almost responsible for their own time management. The platform is very affordable for small business. It also can be integrated with other systems that related to workforce management, such as Gusto (payroll software), Quickbooks, Xero (accounting software), and many more.
The Android app doesn’t provide as many features as the iPhone app.
Best Online Class Schedule Maker
Appointy – The Best Online Class Schedule Maker
Our review team selected Appointy as the best online class schedule maker that provides class or group scheduling software. It suitable for businesses of any size and industry including Health & Wellness, Education, Medicine, Fitness, Salon, Professional Services, and others types of industry.
Appointy can be integrated seamlessly with your WordPress website and helps convert visitors into customers. It also can be integrated with calendaring systems like Google calendar and iCal. Customers can schedule themselves, anywhere, anytime at their convenience. Appointy also comes with a number of additional tools such as business analytics, customer analytics, email marketing etc.
This scheduling software solutions also offers a mobile app that can be downloaded at PlayStore (for Android Phone) and AppStore (for IOS phone).
Trusted by 130,000+ customers worldwide, Appointy becomes the most popular online Appointment Scheduling Software in the world.
- Clients self-schedule 24×7
- Integrate on your website and Facebook page
- Daily, weekly, and monthly availability in just one click
- Schedule classes, groups, events or individual appointments
- Schedule resources/ equipment/ rooms in addition to staff
- Automatic reminders (through email or sms)
- Accept payments through Square, Stripe, PayPal and Authorize.Net.
Users can submit support request directly through Appointy’s help center or by live chat. The help page also contains a knowledge base and a search bar to find the specific information and support you need. In addition, customers can access Appointy Community for additional resources, such as product guidelines, get information on new features, and communicate with other customers.
Appointy offers one free plan and three paid subscription plans, billed annually: Growth ($19.99/month), Professional ($49.99/month), and Enterprise ($79.99/month). The main differences between the plans are the number of appointments per month, number of staff access, and other additional features, such as customization, online marketing tools, multiple location support, and more.
Overall, this online schedule maker is an intuitive platform with most of the features necessary for business scheduling systems.
Appointy doesn’t merge with Salesforce or accounting solutions, so you’ll have to handle payment information separately.