A marketing project management software will help you to set up a standard procedure for tracking and storing results and analytics of your marketing projects. A great marketing project management software lets you upload documents and spreadsheets, edit and add notes to them, and make it clear who is responsible for what initiative and that initiative’s results.
A good project management software feels like a home base that everyone can come check in on at any point in the project and know exactly where they stand in their role, where the whole team stands, and what still needs to be done.
Best Marketing Project Management Software
In our opinion, best marketing project management software must have the following minimal features: Time tracking, project management, document management, customizable process workflows, collaboration tools, reporting dashboards, resource management, and Invoicing. In addition, we took these main factors into consideration to determine the best Marketing Project Management Software: Features, pricing, and customer support.
Here are some of the best marketing project management software solutions for your marketing teams.
Project Insight is a project and portfolio management solution for project driven organizations. Its system is fully customizable, follows the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) standards, includes free training for everyone, and provides comprehensive project-prioritization tools.
Project Insight is a collaborative solution that enables teams to manage projects from a single location, monitor resources, project budget, manage documents, view tasks, time & expense tracking, and gain access to real-time reporting. The solution can be deployed on premise or in the cloud and can be integrated with other enterprise applications with APIs and an SDK.
Project Insight Key Features
- Project Request – Save time and standardize your processes by creating, assigning and routing project requests for approval.
- Intelligent Scheduling – Intelligent project scheduling allows you to shift schedules, view and edit task lists and Gantt charts with just a couple of clicks.
- Project Templates – Save time by creating and reusing an unlimited number of project templates built from your organization’s current processes and best practices.
- Collaboration – Post comments and collaborate on any item in the software, keeping all relevant project information visible and centralized.
- Resource Management – Gain visibility and effectively monitor and balance resource workloads across multiple projects with one report.
- Document Management – Centralized project data collaboration by uploading and sharing project related files and documents in the project documents repository. This features include: customizable folder structure, route documents for approval, and integration with box.com.
- Customizable Reports – Run 100s of standard or canned reports. Easily modify by adding data columns, rolling up by organization, department, and many more.
- Workflows – Take any process document that might be tracked in Word or Excel, and transform it into a dynamic form within Project Insight.
- Approvals – Streamline your approval process by capturing and centralizing all approvals, complete with comments and sign off.
- Time & Expense Tracking – Enter daily time and expenses in minutes with customize time worksheets and even set the time entry grid on the homepage.
- Team (Free forever) – Including basic functionality, unlimited users/additional paid add-ons available, and SaaS/mobile friendly.
- Business ($45/user/month) – Including core features & add-ons, VirtualPM™ for Slack, and SaaS/mobile friendly.
- Enterprise ($65/user/month) including all features & add-ons, VirtualPM™ for Slack, and SaaS/mobile friendly.
Users have a variety of options in customer support. First, they can submit a support ticket within the software, or call or email support directly. They can also access a knowledge base of common software questions and issues. In addition, users can visit the Community forums to discuss questions and issues with Project Insight staff and other clients. And finally, they can browse through recorded webinar training on various topics.
Ravetree is a work management platform that empowers teams to deliver work faster, be more informed, and spend less time searching for information. Ravetree includes a powerful collection of features that minimizes the need for additional applications to run your business. With everything in one place it’s easy to find what you’re looking for and see the connections between important data.
Revetree Key Features
- Task & Project Management – Track tasks, milestones, financial metrics, and more.
Dashboards – Select from dozens of widgets to create your own custom dashboards with the information that matters to you.
- Resource Planning –Easily see who is over or under utilized, and if you have capacity to take on new work. Drag & drop interface.
- Timers – Track time as you’re doing work. Create as many different timers as you need to keep track of time throughout the day.
- Timesheets – Enter time logs and see your progress during the week. You can also compare time estimates to logged and remaining time.
- Estimates – Enter time estimates at the work item level and track against those estimates in realtime.
- Expenses – Track project-related expenses with ease. You can also upload expense receipts and run expense reports.
- Files – Upload files from anywhere, comment on those files, and upload new versions.
- Invoices – Easily create and send invoices from your client, time log, and expense data that’s already in Ravetree.
- Reporting – Powerful reporting capabilities for projects, time logs, expenses, and more.
- Client Portal – Give clients access to a secure and isolated portal where they can view project information and more.
- Request Forms – Allow your team and your customers to submit customizable requests for projects and work items.
Ravetree can integrate with several applications such as Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, Gmail, Google Contacts, Google Calendar, and Evernote.
- Pay Monthly ($39/user/month) – Includes full Ravetree platform: Unlimited projects, free setup, free training, free support
- Pay Quarterly ($34/user/month) – Includes full Ravetree platform: Unlimited projects, free setup, free training, free support
- Pay Yearly ($29/user/month) – Includes full Ravetree platform: Unlimited projects, free setup, free training, free support
Customer Service & Support
Customer support can be reached by phone, email, and support ticket. Ravetree also offers onsite and custom user training sessions.
Trigger is a project management platform that can be adopted to improve your businesses tracking, collaboration, organizing, and invoice related work processes. Trigger’s a focused project management tool that makes it easy to pull everything together, connect to clients’ own tools, and stay focused on what needs done most today. Closely integrated with Xero, you can import your customers, accounts and tracking categories, then send invoices. With all the features available, Trigger is suitable for the marketing teams.
Trigger Key Features
- Time Tracking – Trigger’s in built time tracking functionality allows team members to log time against actual tasks (either in real time or after the event).
- Manage Projects – Trigger lets you assign tasks to your team members but add/remove yourself as a watcher at anytime. You can also invite clients to their own dashboard of your projects and tasks, to promote transparency and trust with your clients.
- Kanban Boards – Trigger lets you easily switch between Kanban and list views, so you can better visualise and manage your tasks.
- Analyse Insights – Trigger helps you combine data for companies, projects, tasks, target hours, logged hours, average hours per employee and much more.
- Invoice Clients – All hours are tracked in real time against tasks, projects and companies
- Plan Ahead – Trigger’s team schedule enables you to plan your team’s projects and tasks, as well as easily reallocate work across your team.
Trigger integrates with Xero, Saasu and Freshbooks, so your invoicing can be instantly synced with your accounting software. In addition, Trigger also can integrate with several applications such as Google apps, dropbox, basecamp, zapier, active.collab, and more..
- Start Up (free) – Up to 3 users, 5 active projects, 5 client users, and limited features.
- Standard (Approx US$11/user/month) Unlimited users, projects, and clients. No team schedule features.
- Premium (Approx US$15/user/month) Unlimited users, projects, clients, and features. Concierge setup and migration support (1 hour).
Customer Service & Support
Trigger’s knowledge base includes articles categorized by topic. The customer support can be reached by email and live chat. In addition, you can write on Trigger’s twitter account and get a response in short time.
Address: 17A Cordelia Street, South Brisbane, QLD, 4101, Australia
Email: [email protected] Twitter: @triggerapp
Function Point is a cloud-based solution for advertisement agencies that features project management, project accounting, team collaboration, data visualization and data analysis. Function Point’s comprehensive solution helps creative businesses improve their productivity and profitability by streamlining processes; simplifying collaboration; centralizing information; and delivering real-time business data. The solution is suitable for agencies of all sizes.
Function Point Key Features
- Project Management – Meet the one tool you need for Project Management that features Job Templates & Schedules, To-Do Lists, Task Scheduling, Bulk Editing, and Workflow Automation.
- Resource Management – includes Gantt Charts with Dependencies, Timesheets, Time Tracking Tool, Calendar View, Workload Capacity, and Resource Allocation.
- Accounting & Invoicing – Get all of the accounting tools you need to be quick, profitable and efficient. This features includes: Custom Invoicing, Estimate Templates, Project Budgeting, Cost Tracking, and Reporting.
- Business Intelligence – Get centralized and visualized data at a glance and glean important business insights with our Business Intelligence Dashboard. This features includes: Customizable Dashboards, Comprehensive Reporting, Project Profitability Analysis, Macro and Micro Job ROI, and Risk Analysis.
- Collaboration – Keep your clients happy and in the know with our Client Portal. It’s the easiest way to get project harmony, have total transparency, and let your clients know that they’ve got the best possible work coming their way.
Function Point can be integrated with QuickBooks Desktop & Online.
Function Point offer $34/per user per month plus 60-day unconditional, money-back guarantee. You contact their account team to see if your team qualifies for volume user discounts.
Customer Service & Support
Function Point offer support via online documentation and webinars to learn more about Function Point. Customer support can be reached by phone or email. Function Point also offer their team to onboard new customers and support existing customers. Please note that there is an onboarding fee for new customers.
Designed with a focus on improving profit margins and resource utilization rates, Projector helps services firms manage projects, schedule resources, track time and expenses, and invoice for their work. Projector is a cloud-based, multi-currency, multi-company, PSA solution that is able to scale with the needs of your services firm while integrating openly with existing business systems.
Projector PSA Key Features
- Project Management – Projector’s Project Management module gives you the power to plan, track, and execute projects at a detailed level. It provides a simpler alternative to Microsoft Project—or integrates directly with Microsoft Project if desired.
- Resource Scheduling – Projector’s Resource Scheduling module helps you to efficiently match the perfect person to the right project.
- Project Accounting – Projector’s Project Accounting module helps you track the time and expenses you’ve invested to date to deliver your projects. It manages the process of invoicing your clients to ensure you bill them for every hour invested and every dollar disbursed on their behalf.
- Advanced Analytics – Advanced Analytics module transforms your organization’s data into beautiful and easy-to-understand visualizations. These dashboards provide your executives, delivery teams, and clients the information they need in a glance.
- Control Layer – Whether you’re interested in defining expense report approval, staffing fulfillment, or workflow automation, the control layer is your answer.
Projector’s integration layer allows you to integrate Projector with the other critical systems your organization uses. Whether you take advantage of Projector’s pre-built interfaces to applications such as Intacct, QuickBooks, Microsoft Dynamics GP, Salesforce.com, and Microsoft Project, or use the web services to build integrations with other systems, Projector’s open architecture provides the advantages of best-of-breed thinking with fully integrated systems.
- Team ($15/user/month, monthly subscription minimum: $400) – Included: Project Accounting, Optional: Quickbooks Connector.
- Professional ($25/user/month, monthly subscription minimum: $500) – Included: Project Accounting, Project Management, and Resource Management. Optional: Advanced Analytics, Pre-Built Connectors.
- Enterprise ($30/user/month, monthly subscription minimum: $2500) – Included: Project Accounting, Project Management, Resource Management, Pre-Built Connectors, and Enterprise Configuration. Optional: Advanced Analytics, Enterprise Support, Self-Hosted Installation.
Customer Service & Support
Projector provides a knowledge base for users with a online documentation or, do a search in the Projector e3 community to find tutorials, webinars, best practices, templates, and more. Users can submit support request through online web form, email, or by phone.
NetSuite OpenAir offers a collection of applications designed to support every stage of the professional services delivery lifecycle. It is used by professional services organizations to optimize their project-based operations. The software offers integrated project management, resource management,project-based accounting and time and expense tracking applications.
OpenAir Key Features
- Timesheet Management – OpenAir provides users with the ability to enter timesheets and approvals online, anytime, anywhere, using a standard browser or mobile app.
- Expense Management – You can automate and streamline the entire expense management cycle, including expense reporting, submission and approval processes, while integrating with project accounting and invoicing.
- Project Management – Project Management provides work breakdown structures, Gantt Charts, task dependencies and dashboards to highlight project status.
- Resource Management – With resource management, you can make sure that the right resources are working on the right projects, based on a real-time project timeline, and as the project evolves.
- Reporting Dashboards – Reporting allows users to easily view data from the system in real-time and act upon it accordingly. With this you can see project profitability, burn rates (hours worked vs. hours budgeted), as well as leveraging the workflow notifications that exist in the system.
- Invoicing – From bid preparation through time and expense tracking to client billing and internal charge-backs, OpenAir project accounting and billing software provides powerful tools to perform these processes across multiple offices and mobile employees.
- Project Budgeting – Budget Management enables teams to track detailed cost budgets on a project by project basis. Budgeting allows financial leaders to set initial budget forecasts and then track actuals, comparing different scenarios to allow on-the-go visibility of financial performance.
OpenAirCONNECT makes the flow of information from sales to execution seamless with any Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Sales Force Automation (SFA) systems, including: NetSuite, SalesForce, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, and Oracle. For services businesses who have invested in ERP systems for the enterprise, OpenAir Connect integrates with leading ERP systems, including: NetSuite, SAP, Oracle Financials, PeopleSoft and JD Edwards.
Professional Suite for SMB business starts at $399/month + $49/user/month. Enterprise Suite which includes Resource Management is $899/month + $49/user/month.
Customer Service & Support
There are several different ways to get questions answered and problems worked out including phone, email, web and webinars just to name a few.
Address: 2955 Campus Drive, Suite 100 San Mateo, CA 94403-2511, USA. NetSuite also has a branch office in Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Durham, New York, Oklahoma City, and Pittsburgh.
Phone: 1-877-638-7848 Email: [email protected]
Workamajig is a cloud-based HTML5 project management solution designed for creative ad agencies and in-house advertising teams of all sizes. Key features include opportunity tracking, project management, time tracking, resource management and complete finance and accounting.
This product helps creative agencies manage all the aspects of their businesses starting from finance management and revenue forecasting, scaling all the way up to customized management reporting and profitability assessment.
Workamajig Key Features
- Sales & CRM – Track information & communications with current or potential clients on opportunities that will be transitioned into projects upon approval.
- Project & Account Management – Workamajig enables users to create project tasks, assign them to people and collaborate on these tasks from a single message portal. Upon project launch, Workamajig will automatically create a schedule, define resource needs & estimate the project timeline. As the project progresses, Workamajig tracks the budget & schedule and alerts to any real or potential issues.
- Resource Management – Resourcing your team knowing which member with the right skill sets has availability for your project.
- Agency Management & Reporting – Project analytics for account mangers to be alerted to real or potential issues. Project profitability reporting & revenue forecasting for the CEO or CFO. Client profitability reporting to identify your most profitable clients.
- Entry Level ($50/month/user) for 5 Users
- Agencies ($38/month/user) for 10 Users
- Mid-Sized Agencies ($34/month/user) for 50 Users
- Larger Agencies ($32/month/user) for 100 Users or more
Customer Service & Support
Workamajig’s knowledge available on their blog, ebooks, and FAQ pages. In addition, the customer support can be reached by phone or email. Workamajig also offers on-site consultant & experts to assist with the transition to Workamajig. Consultants are invaluable to companies that do not have the internal resources to manage the implementation or need to make major changes to their process.
Mavenlink is a cloud-based project management solution that helps any business manage its projects. Mavenlink offers project accounting, resource management, business intelligence and collaboration. Mavenlink is suitable for professional service businesses, especially in the marketing, advertising, public relations, architecture, engineering, IT services, management consulting and educational industries.
Mavenlink Key Features
- Project Management – Mavenlink includes a full set of project management tools, including project plans with Gantt Chart view, task dependencies, project templates, and portfolio.
- Project Accounting – With Mavenlink, your team’s time, expenses, and invoices are linked to the tasks and projects they impact in real-time. Mavenlink provides the control you need to ensure your business is profitable and successful.
- Resource Management – With Mavenlink you get the complete view you need to effectively and efficiently manage your billable resources. You can see and manage every resource, across every project, at every stage of the project cycle, organization-wide, in one place.
- Business Intelligence – Gain control over margins, improve resource utilization, and better forecast revenue and costs with enterprise-grade business inttelligence and a powerful custom reporting engine.
- Team Collaboration – By linking conversations to tasks and people, everyone stays informed. This is team collaboration in context. This features including communication, proofing, and permissions.
- IOS and android mobile apps.
With seamless connections to the solutions you depend on most, like CRM, Financials, HCM, and more, including: Netsuite, Quicbooks, Salesforce, G Suite, Jira, Expensify, Xero, Concur, Sage Intacct, and Slack.
- Teams ($19/user/month) – Including collaboration and task management
- Professional ($39/user/month) – Including collaboration, project management, and time tracking.
- Premier (Contact mavenlin for pricing) – Including collaboration, project management, time tracking, financials, and resource planning.
- Enterprise (Contact mavenlin for pricing) – Including collaboration, project management, time tracking, financials, resource planning, advanced services, and business intelligence.
Customer Service & Support
Mavenlink offers different support services based on the pricing plan selected. However, customers in all plans get 24/7 support and access to a knowledge base and video training library.
Premier plan users have access to Mavenlink’s Professional Services for implementation, training, data migration and system integration. And enterprise clients work with a dedicated Practice Manager that helps them with issues and questions. They also have an opportunity to test Mavenlink before going live via a testing sandbox. And finally, they’re eligible for a Service Level Agreement (SLA) that guarantees Mavenlink’s availability on support issues.
Wrike is a cloud-based project management solution that offers Gantt charts, Workload View for resource management, Custom Dashboards, structuring via Folders, Projects, and tasks & auto-assignment based on task statuses. Wrike is useful for many job roles, such as marketing, project management, product development and more. For Marketers is a seperate product with tailored templates, proofing tools & an Adobe extension.
Wrike Key Features for Markerters
- Request Forms & Automation – Accelerate delivery and scale your project volume with Dynamic Request Forms. Collect all necessary information from requesters up front and automatically assign it to the right team.
- Proofing & Approval – Simplify feedback and approval cycles with full context. Highlight sections of images, videos and documents to add comments.
- Resource & Workload Management – Balance resources and track performance via a workload view. An open view of team workloads makes it easy to recalibrate when necessary.
- Project Templates – If you’re working on a monthly newsletter or planning a recurring meeting, there’s no need to reinvent the wheel. Work faster next time by recreating the same type of project with wrike’s handy duplicating feature.
- Document Versioning – Document sharing and versioning is a great way to collaboration, tracking changes and tracking the creation of multiple document versions.
- Time Tracking & Budgeting – Keep track of how time is being spent by project or by team member for accurate planning and budget management.
- Visual Dashboards & Reporting – Gain instant insight into projects with Report Templates. Easily edit or build a report from scratch using Wrike’s easy-to-use report wizard. Share real-time, interactive reports, and schedule notifications for report updates or reviews on a regular basis.
- IOS & Android mobile apps.
For marketing teams, Wrike offers integration with Extension for Adobe Creative Cloud that can make you access work in Wrike without leaving Adobe Creative Cloud. The Wrike extension is available for Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC, InDesign CC, and Premiere Pro CC. Overall, wrike offers integration with many different applications such as cloud storage (google drive, box, dropbox, onedrive), MS Project, Salesforce, Quickbooks, and many more.
Wrike comes with plan specially for markerters. This version is intended for marketing and creative teams. At $34.60 per user per month, it includes all features of the Business version. It also includes video proofing and an Adobe Creative Cloud extension.
Customer Service & Support
Wrike provides a knowledge base for users with a getting-started guide and information about billing issues, email integration, reports and more. It also has video tutorials and live webinars. In addition, users can submit a support request straight from the knowledge base.
Wrike offers the following support packages:
- Professional: The Professional package covers phone, email and live chat support.
- Enterprise: In addition to phone, email and live chat, the Enterprise package guarantees a same-day response.
- Premium: The Premium package includes 24/7 dedicated support (for administrators) as well as a one-hour guaranteed response time.
Synergist is the UK’s leading job costing and project management system for creative / digital agencies and project-based businesses. It offers cloud-based and on-premise deployments and provides tools to help users manage time and expenses, job costing and scheduling, communication and reporting.
Synergist Key Features
- Time & Money features, including online timesheets, job project costing, billing software, accounts integration, quoting/estimating, and purchasing.
- Planning & tracking features, including scheduling, capacity planning software, project planning, job/project tracking, and opportunity tracking.
- Communicating & sharing features, including online approval & dam, email integration, document management, CRM software, iPhone / Android app.
- Reporting & Management features, including key reports, dashboards, alerts, scheduled reports, and drag and drop reporting.
Synergist offers integration with Sage 50, Xero, Sage 200, Sage ACCPAC, Access Accounts, Sun Systems, Epicor, Exchequer, KashFlow, Microsoft Dynamics-GP, MYOB, QuickBooks and Pegasus Opera.
- Foundation (£292 /month) Including core system plus 3 Full Users & 5 Timesheet Users
- Professional (£670 /month) Including core system plus 8 Full Users & 12 Timesheet Users
- Enterprise (£1600 /month) Including core system plus 20 Full Users & 30 Timesheet Users
Customer Service & Support
Users can access video tutorials that give step-by-step instructions to make the most of Synergist. Synergist also offers on-site or online training to assist with the transition to synergist. However, customer support can be reached via phone, live chat, or by email.
eSilentPARTNER is the Professional Services Automation (PSA) software of choice for advertising agencies, in-house teams, and other professional services firms who value robust functionality, project collaboration, and expert customer care.
eSilentPARTNER Key Features
- Dashboard & Business Intelligence – eSilentPARTNER provides user configurable dashboards and custom reports that contain a wealth of insights. With embedded business intelligence, you can gain quick access to the actionable reports needed for your project and strategic planning efforts.
- Project and Resource Management – eSilentPARTNER’s project and resource management features empower project managers and team members to successfully control project outcomes, including on-target objectives, on-time delivery, maximum resource utilization, and higher profit margins.
- Time & Expense Management – eSilentPARTNER offer tools to encourage time collection across multiple points in the project lifecycle. It also offers time entry licenses to ensure timely and accurate time entry from staff, whenever and wherever they are working. Plus, users can submit electronic expense reports, for supervisor review and approval, directly from their dashboard.
- Collaboration & File Sharing – eSilentPARTNER gives teams the collaboration and file sharing tools they need to prevent duplication of efforts and miscommunications, including job blogs organized by step and date. In addition to team collaboration, eSilentPARTNER provides both client (eClient) and vendor (eVendor) portals.
- Media Management – eSilentPARTNER provides numerous ways to help you plan, organize, schedule, execute, bill, and reconcile media-related projects
- Accounting & Financial Management – eSilentPARTNER includes a full set of business finance tools, including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing, revenue recognition, overhead allocation, multi-company, multi-office, multi-currency support, and project and management financial reporting.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) – With eSilentPARTNER’s integrated Customer Relationship Management tool, your firm is better equipped to turn new leads into clients, and current customers into steady relationships.
The eSilentPARTNER’s price is not provided by the vendor. However, they offer two pricing options: Option I (Software as a Service) that your database is hosted on Amazon Web Services, and Option II (Hosted at Your Company) that your database is hosted at your company location and is accessible over your company intranet.
Customer Service & Support
Customer support can be reached by phone, email, web conferencing and online. eSilentPARTNER also offers onsite and custom user training sessions.
Address: The Médi Group, Ltd. 1308 Egypt Road, Oaks PA, 19456, USA
Sales: 610-666-1955 x 108 Support: 610-666-1955 x 102 [email protected]