Intuit Online Payroll for Accountants is one of the most popular payroll software for small business in the United States available today. It is a web-based payroll system that integrates with the QuickBooks accounting platform. This solution designed to help small businesses manage accounting and payroll all in one place.
Intuit Online Payroll has two pricing plans includes Enhanced and Full Service Payroll. The main difference between the plans is the inclusion of additional features such as electronic tax filing & payment.
While most payroll services integrate with accounting software, Intuit’s service works in tandem with QuickBooks by automatically syncing the two. Every time you run payroll, all of your payday info – including check amounts, state and federal taxes, and deductions – automatically downloads into your QuickBooks accounting software.
With QuickBooks Online, you have the choice of using either a self-service or full-service payroll plan. The self-service plan is similar to the Basic plan in that it doesn’t handle any payroll tax responsibilities. In addition to a choice of service plans, you have a choice between QuickBooks and QuickBooks Plus.
Both QuickBooks options include the ability to track income and expenses, maximize tax deductions, run reports, and send estimates. They also allow for invoicing the acceptance of payments. QuickBooks Plus also includes the ability to manage bills, track inventory and manage 1099 contractors.
Everything in Basic Plan Plus:
- Pay W-2 employees and 1099 contract workers.
- Effortless Payroll Just enter the hours for up to 50 employees and Quickbooks Full Service Payroll will process payroll for you. Choose from checks or direct deposit.
- Pay by check or direct deposit – In Intuit Payroll you can pay your employees faster with free same day direct deposit. Submit payroll up to 7 AM (PT) the day of payday.
- Electronically file W-2’s at year-end
- Payroll Tax Forms includes Federal and State Taxes.
- Pay payroll taxes – Federal and state payroll taxes are calculated for you. Just click to e-pay your taxes.
- File payroll tax forms – Automatically fills in the latest federal and most state payroll tax forms. Then just click to e-file.
Full Service Features
Everything in Enhanced Features Plus:
- Payroll Tax Forms includes Federal, State, and Local Taxes.
- Intuit will setup, run payroll, and file payroll taxes for you – No tax penalties guaranteed
- Accuracy Guaranteed – Intuit promise to pay and file your taxes accurately and on time, or Intuit pay any resulting penalties.
- Payroll Taxes & Forms – Quickbooks Full Service Payroll will handle quarterly and year-end payroll taxes and forms for you.
- Free new hire reporting for W-2 employees
QuickBooks is geared more towards independent contractors and small business owners. However, they also feature an enterprise plan for larger businesses that are able to track up to 1 million customers and manage a large accounting team with up to 30 users.
QuickBooks serves all types of industries, from nonprofits to retail. Here’s a list of 10 customers:
- Beyond Beaute Day Spa
- Dental Solutions
- The Village Cheese House
- Mountain View General Store
- Academy of Self Defense
- Trash Amps
- Dang Foods
- Redmond Accounting
- ACI Alloys Inc.
- Skyline Clean
Customer Service & Support
Intuit QuickBooks Full Service Payroll has phone and email support available from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Pacific time, Monday to Friday as well as 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. Pacific time on Saturday. Intuit QuickBooks Payroll also has a searchable support center with FAQs, user guides and video tutorials, although we found it cumbersome to navigate.
Intuit Payroll offers two pricing plans: Enhanced ($59/month + $2/employee/month), and Full Service ($119/month + $2/employee/month). The main difference between the plans is the inclusion of additional features such as electronic tax filing & payment. Discounts are regularly offered and a free 30-day trial is available.
Intuit offers three enhanced payroll plans – Simple Start, Essentials and Plus – that differ in services and prices. For each plan there is a monthly base fee, plus $2 per employee.
- Simple Start – $59 /mo plus $2 per employee per month. This plan includes all key features that mentioned above.
- Essentials – $74 /mo plus $2 per employee per month. This plan includes all features in Simple Start plan plus Manage and pay bills, and Instant sales and profit reports.
- Plus – $99 /mo plus $2 per employee per month. This plan includes all features in essentials plan plus Track inventory and Manage 1099 contractors
Full Service Plan
Intuit offers three full service plans – Simple Start, Essentials and Plus – that differ in services and prices. For each plan there is a monthly base fee, plus $2 per employee.
- Simple Start – $119 /mo plus $2 per employee per month. This plan includes all key features that mentioned above.
- Essentials – $134 /mo plus $2 per employee per month. This plan includes all features in Simple Start plan plus Manage and pay bills, and Instant sales and profit reports.
- Plus – $159 /mo plus $2 per employee per month. This plan includes all features in essentials plan plus Track inventory and Manage 1099 contractors
Pros & Cons
With intuit payroll your company can stay organized and keep in communication with its employees on hours, time off, and vacation. It’s easily accessible and can allow you to view your paycheck prior to receiving it. The interface is very user friendly from an employee perspective. Overall, this software gives a very good experience of Payroll Software. The best thing is that it gives the free trial for 30 days.
The only think I dislike about QuickBooks Online is its subscription fee. I see it as much exaggerated, where small scale firms may not afford it. Again, when there is some updates, the system slugs and slow down where one cannot conduct their roles. The team should think of having updates that are planned, and the users get informed.
QuickBooks is an accounting software package developed and marketed by Intuit. QuickBooks products are geared mainly toward small and medium-sized businesses and offer on-premises accounting applications as well as cloud-based versions that accept business payments, manage and pay bills, and payroll functions.