These days more and more organizations are investing in human capital management (HCM) software to improve the management of employee data by streamlining and automating human resource and administrative processes through a centralized location. Good HCM Software must cover most spectrum of tasks associated with Human Resources departments to strengthen the workforce.
- What is HCM Software?
- Best HCM Software
- Workday HCM – The Best HCM Software for Mid-Sized Businesses and Large Companies
- BambooHR – The Best HCM Software for Small and Midsize Business
- SAP SuccessFactors – The Best HCM Software Suite for Talent Management
- Oracle HCM Cloud – The Best HCM Software Suite for Performance Management
- Deputy Software – The Best HCM Software Suite for Employee Scheduling and Shift Planning
- Zoho Recruit – The Best Applicant tracking system for Small to Mid-size Businesses
- Ultimate Software (UltiPro) – The Best HCM Software for Companies with More Than 1000 Employee
- Other Popular Human Capital Management Software
What is HCM Software?
HCM stands for Human Capital Management. It’s refers to applications that are intended to help an organization manage and maintain its workforce. This solutions are focused on the organizational need to provide specific competencies and are implemented in three categories: workforce acquisition, workforce management and workforce optimization.
Generally speaking, HCM software solutions have features that can help companies with many aspects of planning. Salary planning, goal setting, budgeting, and succession planning can all typically be done with HCM software systems. Analytics and performance assessments can also be used to track progress and make alterations to plans.
Best HCM Software
Many HCM software companies offer an easy solution for all of your business’s human resources management needs. However, with so many services to choose from, finding the one that’s best for your company can be difficult. There are a lot of factors to consider, but the best HCM software companies offer all the services and tools you need, fit your budget, and provide a high level of customer support.
To help you find the right tools, we researched and analyzed dozens of options. Here is a roundup of our best picks for HCM Software to fit your business needs.
Workday HCM – The Best HCM Software for Mid-Sized Businesses and Large Companies
Workday HCM is a cloud-based HCM Software designed to manage global businesses. This solution can unify finance and HCM software, giving you real-time insights, global visibility, and predictive analytics. The program offers payroll, financial, and human capital management solutions designed for modern organizations.
This HCM software built from the ground up and delivered in the cloud. It is the one of the best global enterprise application that unifies human resources, benefits, talent management, payroll, time and attendance as well as recruitment. Workday now has over 2,100 customers.
- Human resource management – This features lets you manage the full worker lifecycle, from staffing to compensation to career growth.
- Global compliance – In this features, you can keep up with regulatory changes around the globe. Workday is built with compliance in mind.
- Workforce planning Empower – It’s a HR and operations management to build workforce plans that align with business goals, while giving finance instant visibility into expense and revenue impact.
- Reporting and Analytics – By providing a complete, actionable and dynamic picture of your talent supply and demand, Workday Workforce Reporting and Analytics empowers business leaders to make better, more informed decisions on critical business issues.
- Recruiting – Quickly find the best and brightest by understanding your entire talent pool. With this features, you can plan, hire, and onboard using a single HCM application.
- Talent management – Align talent, pay for performance, and develop tomorrow’s leaders. Workday Talent Management lets you do all that and more.
- Learning – With Workday, you can engage employees at every stage in their career through shareable learning experiences accessible on any device.
- Compensation – Get the tools you need to design competitive packages that attract and retain talent anywhere.
- Benefits – Define, manage, and adjust benefits to meet your organization’s unique requirements. Workday offer a full spectrum of benefits, such as health, retirement, wellness, and more. It’s also embrace evolving regulations, such as the Affordable Care Act (ACA), and ensure that eligible employees are covered.
- Time and absence management – Manage your entire workforce, anytime, anywhere. Workday provide your people with a truly mobile and intuitive system.
- Expenses – With workday, you can capture receipts and submit expense reports on any device.
- Audit and internal controls – In workday, you get a comprehensive record of transactions with complete audit trails. It’s increase efficiency and reduce the cost of internal and external audits.
Workday Mobile App
Workday mobile app provides secure mobile access to your Workday enterprise cloud applications. The app also enables you to keep your important business transactions with you when you are on-the-go and away from your desk.
Workday has created a support team called Workday Support to help provide answers and resolutions to questions or issues. The customer can file a request for support via the online Workday Customer Center. Once the request has been made, customers will receive a case number and a confirmation email, as well as status updates. The request then gets routed to the appropriate customer service representative.
Customers can access Workday Community for additional resources, such as product documentation, get information on new features, and communicate with other customers.
Workday does not publish their prices on their website. According to a third party site, Workday charges based on the number of modules and users on the platform. Their prices start at $100 to $200 per employee for a minimum 3-year contract.
Workday is an intuitive and simple app that even lay users can use easily without IT expertise. It basically streamlines all of HR business processes, such as Hiring, Goals (performance), Recognition, and Compensation. This allows easy access from management to employee review. Give the employees a true view of all the information with the ability to upload documents and update their information at anytime.
Many users think the training option is too expensive. Others feel that the advanced features are difficult to master, such as generating reports which may be complicated for some users.
BambooHR – The Best HCM Software for Small and Mid-Sized Businesses
BambooHR is an American technology company that provides hr software for small and midsize businesses. In general, BambooHR is a very good tool that will be useful to any company. It’s also have friendly user interface (UI) that is the best in its class. The quality of the functions and the result is simply overwhelming. This product is convenient, it is reinforced by good help from the support service and is somewhat underpriced.
Founded in 2008, BambooHR is the one of leading human capital management (HCM) software that have more than 10.000 active clients. With BambooHR, tracking employee records and information has never been easier. From standard categories like personal and pay info to as much custom data as you want, you can manage all of your key data in one secure HRIS database. Plus, it’s accessible from anywhere at anytime (including a mobile app), so you’ll always have the information you need.
BambooHR provides HR process automation tools that are accessible in several languages and multiple currencies. It’s offers two packages: Essentials and Advantage.
Essential Package Features
- Human Resources management – Includes Employee Records, Benefit Tracking, Reporting, Document Storage, Access Levels, Workflows & Approvals, and Email Alerts.
- Employee Self-Service – Includes Time-Off Management, Employee Directory & Org Chart, Company Calendar, Mobile App, and Single Sign-On.
- Customer Support – Includes Email Support and access to Webinar Library.
Advantage Package Features
Everything in Essential Package plus:
- Customer Support can be reached by phone.
- Hiring & Onboarding – Includes Applicant Tracking System (ATS), Onboarding, Offboarding, Electronic Signature, and Training Tracking.
- Advanced Components – Includes Advanced Reporting, Tailored Workflows & Approvals, Custom Access Levels, Custom Email Alerts, Custom Tabs & Fields, Company Branding, and Audit Trail.
- Integrations / Data Sharing – Includes BambooHR Open API and access to BambooHR Marketplace
BambooHR Mobile App
Bamboohr provides mobile app that allows you take some of those most important functions with you, and makes your most common tasks in BambooHR simple and fast. In BambooHR Mobile App you can:
- See colleague’s information and call, email, or message them with a tap. You can also quickly add someone’s info to your phone’s contacts
- Plan and Manage Time Off – Request time off when you’re out and about. Leave requests can be submitted in the app, and if you’re an approver, you can approve them there as well.
- And more..
In addition to email and phone support, BambooHR has a community support feature where users can communicate about the product and get answers, help with troubleshooting, etc.
BambooHR pricing isn’t readily available on their website. According to G2 Crowd, pricing is between $6 and $8 per month (per employee). Users are allowed to cancel their subscription anytime, and a free 7-day trial is also available.
Emphasis on employee self-service and is affordable for smaller businesses. The idea of on-boarding a new employee electronically is a huge plus. It engages employees before they start and makes it so that they come in with paperwork already filled out and spend their first day doing more than just paperwork. BambooHR also has one of the easiest and most intuitive interfaces
Many people who used BambooHR wish there was more flexibility for integration with other Systems. Learning management feature isn’t offered.
SAP SuccessFactors – The Best HCM Software Suite for Talent Management
SAP SuccessFactors is a cloud-based HCM Software specifically for the talent management needs of businesses. These system includes personnel files, organization chart, goal setting and performance management, and related Android and iPhone applications. SuccessFactors helps organizations align strategy with objectives & manage people performance to ensure execution & results. Execution is the difference.
SuccessFactors is one of the rare HR software that can genuinely transform handling HR, and drive businesses towards growth by simply assigning tasks in a better way. Core HR, payroll, applicant tracking, on-boarding, learning management, performance review, goal management, and compensation management are all available in the SAP SuccessFactors suite.
Overall this HCM software solutions is good application with in depth details and management highly suitable for large enterprises. It provides complete solutions starting from KRA/ KPI management, Learning and Development, Talent acquisition etc which cater most HR department requirement. This software also has complete customization available which can be changed according to need of the organization.
Successfactors Mobile App
SAP SuccessFactors mobile increases your business agility by providing you free, secure and instant access to your SAP SuccessFactors solutions while on the go. With SAP SuccessFactors Mobile you can:
- Get to know your organization: Explore your company’s org chart, find people in your company fast and then connect via email, phone, or a text.
- Collaborate around relevant business content: Stay on top of projects, find experts and content, and contribute new documents, photos and videos.
- Speed up recruiting: Monitor applications, approve requisitions, assess the candidates, provide candidate feedback, and approve offers.
- Learn anywhere: Sign up for courses, connect with experts, and even complete entire classes while on the go.
- Move your Core HR forward, faster: Approve employee change requests on your mobile device and move workflows forward.
- Stay focused on your goals: Manage your active goal plans and update your goal status and progress towards completion.
- Request time off on the spot: View your time off balance, submit time off requests to your manager and let colleagues know when you will be away from work.
- Gain workforce insights: Access relevant and timely workforce analytics and insights to make business decisions with confidence.
The SAP Enterprise support package includes a variety of offerings for users. First, there is the customer community for users to communicate and share ideas on issues with the software or on general HR topics. There is also a support portal for browsing through articles and videos and submitting support requests. Users can also reach out to support via live chat. And users can learn more about SuccessFactors via webinars.
SAP offers its SAP Preferred Care option for clients that want to work with a dedicated support manager. This option provides mission-critical support and best practice for escalating support issues. For example, a priority 4 support (low priority support) response time would be within eight hours rather than two business days that SAP Enterprise support provides. The customer support manager also provides guidance in scaling or down the solution, as well as help in navigating new product releases.
SuccessFactors SMB and enterprise pricing information is available only upon request. Contact the company and share your needs to obtain more details.
Successfactors is great for large companies with set curricula in place. Custom Reporting, Multiple Learning Types Supported. Ability to add references/global resources. Integrated with SAP GlobalScape (previously iContent).
A few users said that this software is very expensive and it has a lot of features that won’t be useful to a lot of customers. Also, few users have reported that customer service support tends to be slow.
Oracle HCM Cloud – The Best HCM Software Suite for Performance Management
The Oracle HCM Cloud is a comprehensive HCM Software solution for mid-size to large enterprises. It helps companies not just manage their core HR tasks, but also manage strategic tasks throughout the organization. Oracle HCM Cloud bills itself as the modern HCM software that combines social, mobile and analytical features for increasing collaboration and productivity.
As a Performance Management Software, Oracle HCM is the best in that category. For an organization who is looking for an application that can be tailored to fit your performance culture, Oracle Performance Management module can offer deeper and meaningful insights about organizations’ performance and help you make the right business decisions.
With 14,000 HCM software customers spread out over 140 countries and servicing 40M employees, Oracle wields a sizeable share of the HCM software market.
Oracle HCM Cloud Module
- Global HR – General HR components, such as employee information, self-service functionality, worker lifecycle and rules-based processes for industry and union support
- Talent Management – This module helps employers manage the entire talent lifecycle starting with talent sourcing. Some of its features are: Talent acquisition, Performance management, Career development, Succession management, and Learning management.
- Workforce Rewards – It is a compensation module designed to help employers provide fair and merit-based bonuses, raises and commissions.
- Workforce Management – This module include: Time and labor features (capturing employee time, scheduling employees’ shifts and integrating with hardware time clocks), Absence management, Project portfolio management, and Expense management.
- Work Life Solution – This module help companies retain employees by providing tools to achieve work/life balance.
- HR Analytics – It provides analytical tools for every user in the business from executives to employees. It includes pre-built dashboards, reporting templates and other self-service features so users don’t need to rely on IT to run reports.
Oracle also offers a variety of support services. First, there is the Oracle Premier Support. The Premier Support service includes 24/7 tech support, problem prevention and access to software upgrades. There is also the Lifetime Support Policy that allows software users to upgrade whenever they’re ready. Second, there is the Advanced Customer Service Support – this is ideal for mission-critical environments, such as IT departments in large companies.
Finally, there is the MyOracle Support portal. Users can access this portal to download software updates, put in a request for tech support and communicate with other Oracle customers.
Oracle HCM Cloud offers three paid service types: Global Human Resources ($13/employee/month – Min 1000 employees), Talent Management ($8/user/month – Min 1000 employees), and HCM Cloud for Midsize ($8/employee/month – Min 500 employees). Each of these services offer different kinds of functionalities and have several add-ons available.
Oracle HCM is a great program that helps employers efficiently and effectively handle most HR needs. The one of the best module of Oracle HCM Cloud is performance management and workforce rewards that designed to help employers provide fair and merit-based bonuses, raises and commissions.
Not intended for businesses with less than 500 employees.
Deputy Software – The Best HCM Software Suite for Employee Scheduling and Shift Planning
Deputy is a cloud-based HCM software solution that caters to businesses of all sizes across various industry verticals and provides them employee management and scheduling functionalities. As a employee scheduling and shift planning solution, Deputy is the best software in that category.
The platform is easy for both administrators and employees to use and has a comprehensive feature set for setting up your schedule and communicating with your staff. It features automated scheduling, facility scheduling, task management, time clock and timesheets, payroll system integration, and more.
With over 270,000 users, it has grown to be a trusted and dependable second-in-command that effectively tackles matters in the workplace.
- Schedulling Software – Scheduling is easy to use that they can easily notify everyone with just one click, across multiple locations. Users can accurately cost full schedules and integrate POS data and live weather feed to identify peaks and troughs of sales/foot traffic and create a schedule efficiently. Overtime and time off management is also available to set up.
- Time & Attendance – Deputy easily captures when employees start and stop shifts. It also easily review and approve timesheets prior to export. In addition, you will also be able to export to your preferred payroll platform.
- Collaboration – The platform give your staff an easy way to stay informed, share important messages and contribute to the workplace conversation.
- Tasking – With Deputy you can create and assign tasks to your staff and get notified when they’re done.
- Auto Schedulling – Auto-Scheduling takes the guesswork out of building your shift structure. Accurately forecast how many people you need working at any time using multiple demand signals (like sales, foot traffic and bookings).
- Performance Management – Deputy allow you to build customized reports to get a clear overview of how your team are tracking on performance. You will also be able to add a simple rating or comment on employee performance directly to their timesheets as you approve them.
- Forecast labor using multiple demand signals – Accurately forecast labor demand and build AI optimized shift structures using multiple demand signals, including POS and third party data like weather, traffic and movement patterns.
- Manage Time & Attendance with biometric Timeclock – Manage time & attendance across every location and any device, with Deputy’s on-site iPad Kiosk providing biometric and geolocation validation for total piece of mind.
- Open API – Open API and extensive network of integration partners provide endless opportunity to build your connected business. And if it doesn’t exist, Deputy teams will build it for you, configured to the requirements of your business.
- Integration – Deputy can be integrate with other popular systems such as Gusto, ADP, Xero, Sage, Intuit Quickbooks, and more.
Deputy Mobile App
Deputy’s mobile apps for iPhone and Android give you full visibility of whats going on in your workplace, from the palm of your hand. With deputy mobile app you can:
- Deputy on Mobile iPhone App – Run your work life on your iPhone. As a manager you can oversee your workplace remotely whilst employees are able to check work schedules, communicate with colleagues and supervisors, and see upcoming shifts & tasks.
- Deputy on Android App – The Android application provides extensive features for employees and high level functionality for managers. Manager can post to newsfeed, view schedules, create and assign tasks, and Journaling. Employee will also be able to view newsfeed and comment, start & stop Shifts, view upcoming shifts, request leave, view and check off tasks.
Customers get 24/7 support, lots of Help prompts, how-to videos on all major functions, and a user Help forum.
Deputy offers three paid plans: Starter, Premium, and Enterprise. Starter and Premium cost $2 and $3 per user per month, respectively. You need to contact the company’s sales team for the pricing of their Enterprise plan. The main difference between plans is the availability of advanced features like automatic scheduling, configurable reporting and analytics, integration options, and more.
Deputy gives both the manager and the staff the flexibility to control their shifts and it gives the employees a sense of ownership – they are almost responsible for their own time management. The platform is very affordable for small business. It also can be integrate with other system that related to workforce management, such as Gusto (payroll software), Quickbooks, Xero (accounting software), and many more.
The Android app doesn’t provide as many features as the IPhone app.
Zoho Recruit – The Best Applicant tracking system for Small to Mid-size Businesses
Zoho Recruit is a leading recruitment management platform and applicant tracking system created for small startups and medium-sized companies. It’s make your work uncomplicated by sourcing, tracking and hiring your talent – all from one place.
The software offers a basic, free AT tool for one recruiter and one active job. This isn’t a robust tool by any means but it allows you to input, publish, and track jobs. Essentially, Zoho compiles all of an organization’s hiring data: stacks of resumes, shortlists, interviews, and other notes, and unites it and organizes it in a single place, for simple viewing and quick comparisons.
- Custom careers website – Use Zoho Recruit to build a career portal that reflects your company’s brand.
- Post to popular job boards – Post to popular job boards such as Seek, Broadbean, Careerjet, Monster, among many others.
- Post jobs to social sites – The Social Tab in Recruit enables sourcing via your company’s social page.
- Resume Management – Manage and parse resumes and track the progress of candidates more efficiently. Zoho Recruit helps you to gather your resume database, schedule interviews, and do more.
- Customization – Customize Zoho Recruit as per your business requirements, automate workflows and create rules for all your manual entry tasks. Focus on what needs your attention.
- Multi Channel Communication – With Zoho Recruit you can communicating your brand, communicating to the candidate and the client and communicating between your team.
- Easy Integration – Zoho Recruit integrates with Google applications, such as Google Calendar, to save time and forego repetitive data entry. The software is available free with limited features and the upgraded versions are available on a per month subscription basis.
- Advanced analytics – The more insight you have into your business, the better. Recruit’s integration with Zoho Reports means you can turn all of your data into dashboards and charts that are automatically updated and always accurate.
Zoho Recruit Mobile App
Zoho Recruit provides mobile app that allows you take some of those most important functions with you, and makes your most common tasks in Zoho Recruit simple and fast. In Zoho Recruit Mobile App you can:
- Create schedule interviews
- Daily planner on the go – Never miss a client meeting or call with a potential recruit. You can easily track your tasks and appointments for the day from the ToDos module, even when you’re away from your desk.
- Change a job opening’s status to filled as soon as the requisite number of candidates have been hired.
- Manage Candidate – View all active candidates, mark them as “hot” for a quick callback, and see their contact details and attachments.
- Communication – The app lets you stay in touch with your contacts and candidates: call, send a text or an email, and communicate with them.
Zoho Recruit has four pricing plans — Free, Standard, Professional, and Enterprise. Their prices range from $25 to $75 per user per month. The main difference between the plans are the inclusion of additional features such as advanced customization, auto responders, and advanced reports and analytics.
Zoho Recruit is perfect for any agency or in-house recruiter that is looking to streamline their processes, automate interview scheduling and posting to job boards. It has a superb range of customizable features and easy-to-use interface that both novice and professional users love.
Not like other Zoho’s Product, Zoho Recruit doesn’t fully integrate with other Zoho products.
Ultimate Software (UltiPro) – The Best HCM Software for Companies with More Than 1000 Employee
UltiPro is a human capital management (HCM) software that unites all aspects of HR, payroll, and talent management in one comprehensive cloud solution. Built with an inherent focus on people, UltiPro helps organizations develop highly productive and satisfied workforces.
With the ability to deliver personalized recruiting and convenient onboarding, UltiPro empowers organizations to make positive first impressions that foster long-term relationships. Employees can easily access and manage their personal, pay, and benefits information, and administrators can rapidly calculate and process accurate payroll.
Ultimate Software has approximately 4,400 customers with employees in 160 countries, with approximately 40 million people records in the cloud.
- Human Resources – UltiPro delivers all the strategic HR functionality you need in one global system of record. Track all human capital management information about your employees, including personal information, employment history, benefits information, performance history and more.
- Payroll – This solution handles even the most complex payroll computations and requirements for employees in the U.S. and Canada in just a few simple steps.
- Benefits Administration – The platform provides an intuitive benefits enrollment experience for employees that guides them to make well-informed benefits choices for themselves and their families.
- Learning Management – This software provide employees with consumable, on-demand content, social and collaborative tools, and complete mobile access.
- Talent Management – UltiPro’s talent solutions can help you engage and develop your workforce for today and tomorrow with easy to use human capital management, performance management and succession management tools for the person-centered lifecycle.
- Time, Attendance, and Scheduling – UltiPro Time and Attendance is a highly flexible solution designed to meet unique time and labor requirements across all industries and across all levels of an organization, providing people with quick, simple, and accurate time entry.
- Recruiting – The platform allow you to expand your recruiting processes by supporting candidate engagement and relationships as well as attracting, hiring, and developing the best talent for your business.
- Onboarding – Onboarding features helps your new employees connect to your company in a way that’s personal and impactful enabling you to build successful relationships, increase engagement, and improve performance for your business.
- Performance Management – UltiPro Performance Management is a highly configurable solution that lets you assess performance and gather feedback on an ongoing basis to get the best results out of your employees.
- See more features..
UltiPro Mobile App
With the UltiPro mobile app, your employees can have convenience at their fingertips, helping to increase productivity and engagement throughout the organization. The app can be downloaded on both Android and iOS devices. Built-in encryption and user authentication provides a secure experience.
Ultimate Software provides a variety of included support services at no extra cost, such as phone, email, live chat, an online customer community, Rapid Response Hotline, and online and instructor-led training. Training is included at no additional cost and in unlimited amounts for all customers.
UltiPro Pricing is not readily available on their website. A third party source says UltiPro licenses start at $600 per year for every 5 users. Charges that may increase the total price may include any or all of the following: customization costs, data migration costs, training costs, and other implementation costs.
Ultipro is highly intuitive and the user experience customizing the app is simple a helpful, it is full of features and functionality that cover most spectrum of tasks associated with Human Resources Departments.
There’s a high cost to customizing the system, as well as a long wait time whenever they make any module changes. Some users said that customer support response times tend to be slow.
Other Popular Human Capital Management Software
Paycor – The Most Popular HCM Software Software for Small and Mid-Sized Businesses
Paycor is a cloud-based integrated platform of payroll and other human capital management (HCM) services. This is the one of the best HCM software for small business that offers functionality to encompasses the entire employee lifecycle – from the way you recruit, onboard and develop talent to the way you pay and retain them, and build a company culture.
Since 2005, Paycor has been known to provide integration and scalability to their solutions while continuously innovating to address the changing needs of their users. This dedication has made Paycor become a trusted partner of more than 30,000 small and medium-sized businesses, providing the needed solutions that helped them save time and money.
- Recruiting and Onboarding – Streamline the recruiting & onboarding process, reward employee referrals, create a full-branded careers site that matches your webste, and more.
- HR, Benefits & ACA – Manage all aspecs of the employee experience with modern, intuitive people management. Automate benefits adminstration and simplify open enrollment.
- Learning Management – Accelerate learning and reach employees anytime, anywhere with award-winning LMS. Build, devliver, and track courses quickly and easily.
- Payroll and Tax Compliance – With nearly 30 years of payroll expertise, Paycor truly offers “payroll perfection” from the flexibility to make real-time pay changes to powerfull reporting and analytics.
- Time & Attendance – Track, manage, and optimize your labor spend. Eliminate costly errors with a unified HCM System of record across timekeeping and payroll.
- Reporting – Spend less time searching and organizing, and more time analyzing the data you need to make critical business decisions.
With Paycor’s Mobile App, employees can access all of their most important information. Paycor Mobile gives you access to payroll, time and attendance, and HR features wherever you go, includes: Pay stub access; punch in and out; view time off balances; request, view and cancel time off requests; view time card and work schedules; access benefit information; view company directory; manage company learning.
Paycor offer a dedicated team support model, in which a group of experts understand your unique business and industry. In paycor, you can access a complete knowledge base of HR resources including forms, templates, quick guides and alerts. Plus, certified HR professionals are just a call away.
Paycor pricing starts at a basic fee of $49 per payroll cycle for 10 employees. Every employee in excess will cost an additional $3 each per payroll cycle. For more personalized pricing, including any additional monthly or yearly fees, users need to call for a custom quote.
Paycor is rich in functionality, it offers broad coverage of HR needs, including tracking time and leave, payroll processing, access to legal forms and employee files, etc. Many customers said that Paycor have a friendly and very helpful customer services.
A reviewer from capterra said that learn how to do something new in the Help Feature is not easy. When you search a feature, most of the questions from other users and even if you are very specific on what you are searching for, you often have a few pages to find your solution.
A few Paycor users said that they have to take the time to build each report, even to make very simple report such as employee list. Too time consuming as compared to the other HR software.
Paychex – Payroll and HCM Software Solutions Suite for Large Companies
Paychex Flex is a modular, web-based HCM software designed to meet the needs of employers of any size and industry. With a single login, users can access recruiting and applicant tracking (ATS), onboarding, HRIS, benefits administration, time and attendance, payroll, retirement, and more.
Unlike smaller businesses, larger organizations have more complex payroll needs. Specifically, they need a solution that can serve as the base of their human resources needs, and, most importantly, is capable of handling all of their payroll processing and payroll tax needs. Paychex absolutely fits this bill. Paychex reduces the complexity and risk of running your own payroll, while ensuring greater accuracy with up-to-date tax rates and regulatory information.
- Payroll processing – Paychex handles all of your payroll processing. The payroll software calculates how much each employee show be paid based on the hours they work and their pay rate. It also accounts of any additions, like bonuses or commissions, and deductions for things like health benefits.
- Paycheck options – You can pay your employees by direct deposit, check or pay card. If your employees choose to be paid by check, Paychex prints the checks and mails them to you, or you can print your own checks onsite.
- Payroll tax – Paychex handles all your payroll tax compliance issues. The service calculates, files, and pays your payroll taxes on time and ensures they are accurate. You don’t have to worry about errors, because Paychex backs up its services with an accuracy guarantee. The guarantee states that if there are any mistakes in your payroll taxes, Paychex pays the penalties. The service also processes year-end W-2 and 1099 forms for your employees.
- New hire reporting – The payroll service handles all of the state-required reporting when a new employee or contractor is hired.
- Accounting integrations – Paychex allows users to link their payroll data to popular accounting software, such as QuickBooks and Sage.
- Unemployment insurance – Paychex helps businesses manage the entire unemployment insurance process.
Employee financial wellness program: This provides a variety of tools and education to help employees meet their financial goals. This also allows for short-term loans.
- Onboarding – Paychex offers Pro and Enterprise service users a number of employee onboarding tools. This allows new staff members to complete their new-hire documents, such as tax withholdings forms, via a paperless format.
- Background screening – A limited number of pre-employment background checks are included in the Pro and Enterprise plans.
- HR administration – These tools include the option to track performance reviews, manage employee training and store important documents safely in the cloud.
- Added services – Paychex offers a range of other business-related services, including time and attendance systems, benefits administration, compliance services, records administration, hiring services, employee benefits, business insurance, business loans, payment processing, tax services, incorporation services and online marketing services.
Paychex Mobile App
The solutions provides Paychex Flex Mobile App that allow you to manage your business on the go. With the app you get easy access to your payroll, HR and other services directly from your smartphone or tablet. It also provides Paychex Time Kiosk App and Paychex Flax Time App that makes the punching process fast and easy. With Paychex Time Kiosk App employees can quickly punch in/out, punch for lunches and breaks, perform job transfers, and more, even when the device is in a location without a cellular or Wi-Fi signal.
Users can contact Paychex via phone, online chat or email. They can also access articles, videos and other resources on Paychex’s site. Customer service is provided in both English and Spanish. Also, if companies have issues with the IRS (on federal, state and local levels), Paychex works with them on the company’s behalf.
Paychex’s pricing is not published online and the information above was given upon phone consultation with a sales representative. Paychex charges clients per pay period and the pricing depends on the number of employees that a company has.
Paychex has all the functionalities a business would need in terms of handling employees’ compensation and payroll. It is fairly user friendly and the app also makes it convenient to easily clock in and out when starting work shift.
The biggest drawback we encountered with Paychex was the customer support.
Zenefits – HCM Software with Flexible Benefits Administration
Zenefits is an All-in-One HCM software for small business based on the United States. The platform make HR simple for employers and employees by integrating HR systems, payroll, and benefits into a simple, connected experience. The result is a dramatic reduction in administrative busy work and employees who feel more empowered.
This HCM software solutions can integrate with payroll, health insurance and other systems, and users can also set up new payroll, insurance, retirement plans and more. Zenefits partners with a wide range of providers all over the U.S. to ensure coverage for every industry, everywhere.
Zenefits software was serving 10,000+ customers in 2018 (down for 20,000 in 2015). Zenefits is now seeking to acquire greater distribution of its software product to manage human resource issues for small businesses.
- Online Dashboard – The online dashboard is a central location allowing easy access and quick retrieval of all employee data within a company.
- Self-Service Portal – Employees can view and update their own information by logging in from their computer or through the Zenefits Mobile app and doing what they need to do — from requesting time off, to updating their benefits elections, to checking their pay stub. Managers will also be able to request employee-level changes such as hiring, promotions, transfers, and terminations.
- Reports and Analytics – All employee data is linked to the main HR platform, allowing users to easily run reports in real-time based on information like turnover rates, paid time off, new hires and more.
- Employee Onboarding – Once your new hire completes self onboarding, Zenefits sync their info straight to payroll, add them to the appropriate pay schedule, and prorate their first check – no action needed.
- Benefits Administration – Zenefits specializes in simplifying benefits management through an online portal. Find resources and quotes, update information, minimize compliance risks and keep up to date with the latest legislation all in one spot.
- Vacation & Paid Time Off (PTO) – With zenefits, managers will be able to track and manage employee paid time off easily. Employees can quickly request time off and report sick days.
Zenefits Mobile App
Your entire team can easily stay connected from anywhere — at work, at home, or on the go through the Zenefits Mobile app. With zenefits mobile app you can:
- Easily connect with your co-workers – find teammates, view departments and roles, and call, text, and email co-workers with a mobile directory.
- Schedule time off – check your time-off balance and submit requests in a few swipes
- Clock in and out – Log your time and keep tabs on your hours each pay period
- View your insurance details – see what’s covered, and quickly access your policy number, deductible, and more
- Track your flex benefits – check account balances for FSA, HSA, and commuter benefits, and replace lost benefit cards in seconds
- Review your pay stubs – track income, deductions, and taxes by pay period or year-to-date
- View your inbox notifications – complete tasks with ease, straight from your app
From an online Help Center covering numerous topics to telephone support, Zenefits offers various support options to fit a customer’s needs. If a company chooses to manage its benefits through Zenefits, a representative will be assigned to the company for a consistent point of contact.
Zenefits offers two plans: Standard ($6/employee/month + $40/month base fee) and Advanced ($12/employee/month + $40/month base fee). The payroll feature is an add-on that costs an additional $6/employee/month. The main differences between the plans are the inclusion of additional features such as time-off tracking, ACA compliance, and more.
Zenefits is the most affordable HCM software for small business that provides most spectrum of tasks associated with HR departement, such as boarding/offboarding, automated payroll, time and attendance, insurance, aca compliance, reporting (standard and custom) and a multitude of integrations.
Many customers said that the Zenefits support is very bad. But Zenefits has also been working hard to improve their customer service, which has been a sore point for quite a few customers in the past.
Zoho People – Basic HCM Software for Small and Mid-Sized Businesses
Zoho People is part of Zoho’s full suite of applications for small and medium businesses. It’s a basic HCM software for small business designed to streamline a company’s HR and administrative processes. Before you choose Zoho People, you need to know that Zoho People provides HR management at a very basic level – which is good if you don’t need too much customisation or complexity.
Basically, all those administrative jobs like Leave management, attendance management, time tracking, employee data maintenance, form customizations, etc, has been simply automated.
Zoho People provides all the tools you need to help your HR staff and employees stay efficient, up-to-date, and productive, even on the go.
- Core HR – In Zoho you can set your organization’s hours, track your employee attendance, and handle shift schedules. It’s also provides check-in and check-out options both on web and mobile.
- Integrates with biometric devices – Integrate your Zoho People account with the API from Zoho, and you can capture employee check-in and check-out using biometric or other attendance devices.
- Performance – It’s a continuous feedback system and evaluate employees with customized performance appraisal methods.
- Case Management – This feature will help you sort and organize questions, track their status, and reply promptly.
- Employee Self-service – With Self-Service, employees can submit their personal details, apply leave, log time and do a whole host of other actions through the web or mobile app.
- Document Management – Zoho People provides File Cabinet that stores all your documents in a single, central, secure location. For the myriad documents that need to be signed and filed, Zoho People integrates with Zoho Sign, Docu Sign, and Adobe Sign.
- Customization – With this HR software you can automating your daily HR processes like mail alerts, tasks, approvals and schedulers. It’s also provide workflow automation tool that automates all your HR processes, by eliminating most of the manual administrative work.
- Analytics – Zoho People integrates with Zoho Reports to help you know the details that matter the most. It’s provides quick view of each department’s early turnover rate, hiring vs attrition trends, employee performance based on estimated and logged hours, effective growth report, tasks dashboard, and more.
Zoho People Mobile App
Zoho People’s provides native apps for iOS and Android keep you connected. With mobile app, you can apply for leave, log time, clock-in/out, from anywhere. If employees have a query, they can go ahead and ask their HR team. HR agents can pick up the questions, assign tasks, and answer on the go.
Zoho Corporation offers a globally available, 24/7 phone support system. The Zoho People Help Page includes a database of FAQ’s that can be searched, so that users can view common questions from other organizations. A series of documents, apps, and forums are also available as resources for customers that need assistance.
Zoho People has a free option and four paid plans: Essential HR ($1/employee/month), Professional ($2/employee/month), Premium ($3/employee/month), and Enterprise ($5/employee/month). The main differences between the plans include storage capacities, number of forms, call limit, and access to advanced features like attendance tracking, biometrics integrations, shift scheduling, time tracking, and more.
Zoho People has a lot of very useful features for automating the HR management process. It’s also enables great collaboration and effective communication between employees. Another good thing about this product is the ability to integrate with attendance devices for capture employee check-in and check-out.
There is a steep learning curve and it is not that intuitive, so it takes some time to navigate your way around.