In this fourth semester, I take ERP courses. Ever heard of that term? ERP stands for Enterprise Resource Planning. ERP is a concept applied to an application where the modules are interconnected to become an integrated database. ERP is very helpful operation of a company, from small and medium-sized companies and enterprises.
What is ERP Software?
Enterprise resource planning (ERP) is the integrated management of core business processes, often in real-time and mediated by software and technology. ERP is usually referred to as a category of business-management software — typically a suite of integrated applications—that an organization can use to collect, store, manage, and interpret data from these many business activities. (Source : wiki)
ERP Software Example
ERP software examples include vendors such as SAP with its array of ERP systems, Oracle applications such as E-Business Suite, and the Microsoft Dynamics 365 system. All of these systems will be explained later.
ERP Software Solutions
Due to the complex nature of ERP systems, it can be difficult to compare them, especially when evaluating more than 2-3 potential vendors. So in this article, we took these main factors into consideration to determine the best 10 ERP Software:
- Customer support
ERP Software Costs
Estimating the total cost of an ERP software solution requires careful assessment of an array of variables which can vary wildly from one company to the next. The size of your businesses, your unique requirements and your scope of use all play a critical role in determining the cost of your system.
Understanding the factors that influence the cost of ERP will help give you a better idea of how much your business can expect to pay. Moreover, it gives you the knowledge to carefully evaluate estimates that fall significantly below or above industry standards.
Top 10 Best ERP Software
1. Microsoft Dynamic
Start from $40 / user / month
Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a ERP Software that provides integrated solutions that allow businesses to track leads, automate field service, drive sales and improve operations using mobile, enterprise-ready business apps from the cloud.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 is one of Microsoft’s products that penetrated the ERP market. Dynamics are designed to be deployed as a package or independently as companies grow and expand, and all work together as part of a larger software solution. It integrates with applications such as Outlook, Lync, SharePoint, OneNote, Word, and other Microsoft applications to minimize double entry and save time.
The system is designed for collaboration where users can interact in Yammer and can quickly add colleagues to projects and meetings. Pricing is per user per month. Support is provided via an online forum, email and phone.
- Sales – Go beyond sales force automation (SFA) with Dynamics 365 for Sales to better understand customer needs, engage more effectively, and win more deals.
- Customer Services – Expectations are rising. Customers want quick, relevant answers on any channel, even on the go. Differentiate your brand with Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Customer Service. Built-in intelligence delivers faster, more personalized service and adds value to every interaction.
- Field Service – Deliver a seamless, end-to-end service experience with Dynamics 365 for Field Service. Built-in intelligence helps you resolve service issues before they occur, reduce operational costs, and deliver positive onsite experiences.
- Talent – Today’s employees want to work for companies where they can do their best work, demonstrate impact, and drive career growth. Dynamics 365 for Talent enables exceptional experiences across employee attraction, engagement, development, and retention.
- Finance and Operations – Unify global financials and operations to empower people to make fast, informed decisions. Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations helps businesses adapt quickly to changing market demands and drive business growth.
- Retail – Unify digital, in-store, and back office operations to personalize customer engagement and increase employee productivity. Dynamics 365 for Retail empowers retailers to create exceptional, insightful shopping experiences.
- Project Service Automation – Build trusted customer relationships by delivering outstanding project experiences. Dynamics 365 for Project Service Automation empowers you to deliver profitable projects on time and within budget while increasing employee productivity.
- Marketing – Find and nurture more sales-ready leads by moving beyond basic email marketing. Connect sales and marketing, automate processes, and make smarter decisions to maximize your marketing ROI.
- Business Central – Grow beyond the limits of your basic accounting software. Dynamics 365 Business Central is an all-in-one business management solution that’s easy to use and adapt, helping you connect your business and make smarter decisions.
- Customer Engagement Plan ($115 / user / month) – Get full use of applications that help build and support customer relationships.
- Unified Operations Plan ($190 / user / month) – Get full use of applications that help connect and manage your business operations.
- Dynamics 365 Plan ($210 / user / month) – Get full use of all applications in one comprehensive, cost-efficient option.
- Applications and offers ($40 – $170 Per user / month) – Start with what you need and upgrade to plans as your business grows.
- Chat – Available Monday-Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM Central Time.
- Phone – Available Monday-Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM Central Time.
- Request Dynamic 365 contact you – Have a Dynamics 365 expert contact you.
The number of Microsoft Dynamic customers has reached 190,500 and the number of users reached 3.810 million. Meanwhile, in terms of social media popularity, Microsoft Dynamic has 80.100 followers on Facebook, 67.308 followers on LinkedIn , and 62.181 followers on Twitter. (Update July 2018)
Sage is an ERP software released by Sage 100 US, a company based in the United States. The focus of this product is to help small and medium company manage all aspects of their business. Sage also provides extensive third-party solutions.
With Sage, you have the option of choosing a plan that only handles payroll processing or both payroll processing and payroll taxes. The service also seamlessly integrates with the company’s accounting software, as well as a selection of other services, such as time and attendance systems and retirement plans.
- Accounting (Start from $10 to $25 per month) – Get powerful tools for growing your business faster with Sage affordable Accounting product. As part of Sage Business Cloud, it’s all you’ll ever need to start and grow your business.
- Financials – Discover the financial management solution that delivers 20-day improvement in working capital. Sage Business Cloud Financials grows with your business and puts you in control of your finances.
- Sage Intacct – Tap into the only AICPA-preferred and fastest-growing mid-market cloud Financial Management product in North America. As part of Sage Business Cloud, it’s your best resource for complete end-to-end financial management.
- Enterprise Management – Get up to a 177% return on investment with Sage Business Cloud Enterprise Management. Manage every area of your operation, without any of the headaches that come with ERP software.
- People – HR and people management for medium-sized companies and enterprises.
- Payroll – Regardless of your business’ size or industry, Payroll Services has a solution that makes it easy to increase employee satisfaction, stay compliant with government regulations, and improve productivity.
- Payments and Banking – Sage Payment Solutions are simple, smart business solutions that help you get paid, make payments, and manage your money.
- Knowledgebase – Access support articles and frequently asked questions
- Forums – Ask questions and share your product tips, tricks, and suggestions
- Training – Learn to get the most from your Sage software with e-learning courses and certification exams
- Customer Zone – Check sage the latest resources and information to get the most value from your Sage solution
The number of Sage customers has reached 100,000 and the number of users reached 2 million. Meanwhile, in terms of social media popularity, Sage has 698.000 followers on Facebook, 193.154 followers on LinkedIn , and 29.190 followers on Twitter. (Update July 2018)
Pricing: Start from $6 / user / month
Like its product name, Odoo ERP Software is an open source product of Odoo, a company based in the United States. Odoo helps companies to grow their businesses such as grow sales, run operations, manage marketing activities, increase productivity, and empower their human resources. Odoo provides software solutions at every business level.
- Website Builder ($8 / month) – Make a website, then add features as you grow: jobs, eCommerce, customer portal, events, company blog, call-to-action, newsletter, etc.
- eCommerce ($4 / month) – Effortlessly create custom designs for product pages to showcase your business in a unique way.
- Sales ($4 / month) – Easy quotation software. Send polished quotations with eSignature and online payment.
- CRM ($8 / month) – Use Customer Relationship Management (CRM) for Track leads, close opportunities and get accurate forecasts.
- Invoicing ($4 / month) – Manage contracts, create recurring invoices, bill timesheets, get paid faster.
- Point of Sale ($8 / month) – Including Shops, Restaurants, and Hardware.
- Subscriptions ($8 / month) – Recurring billing & subscriber management the easy way.
- Sign ($8 / month) – Send, sign and approve documents online. Upload your PDF and drag & drop fields easily.
- Accounting ($8 / month) – Do more, in less time with popular features including : Bank Synchronization, Invoicing, Manage Bills & Expenses, and Easy Reconciliation.
- Project Management ($8 / month) – Project management features including : Organize, Schedule, Plan, and Analyze.
- Human Resources – List of Human Resources apps: Recruitment ($4 / month), Expenses ($4 / month), Appraisal ($4 / month), Fleet ($4 / month), Leaves ($4 / month), Employees (All-in-one: Recruitments, Appraisal, Expenses, Leaves, Attendances, etc).
- Communication – Including Discuss, Mailing List, and Notes
- Timesheet ($4 / month) – Manage your activities & workforce.
- Email Marketing ($4 / month) – Craft successful email campaigns that resonate with your prospects without any IT knowledge. Get total control over your email content and layout thanks to an intuitive and easy-to-use software.
- Events ($4 / month) – An all-in-one event management platform, capable of handling events of any type or scale. Odoo Events covers all aspects of an Event Planner’s job from event organization and ticket sales to visibility and promotion.
- Appointments ($4 / month) – Let your clients schedule appointments for themselves at their own convenience (even outside business hours!) straight into your calendar. Embed your meeting links on your website, in your email signature or through social medias and watch your agenda fill up effortlessly.
- Marketing Automation ($16 / month) – Create automatic & targeted marketing campaigns. Automate your workflows and scale your business.
Support from Odoo
- Support Ticket
The number of Odoo customers has reached 160,000 and the number of users reached 3.5 million. Meanwhile, in terms of social media popularity, Odoo has 36.220 followers on Facebook, 14.299 followers on LinkedIn , and 36.457 followers on Twitter. (Update July 2018)
SAP Business One
SAP Business One is a ERP Software product of Sapphire Systems, a company based in the UK. SAP Business One provides easy-to-implement, affordable, and realtime business management solutions backed by the latest SAP HANA database technology.
SAP Business One Increase control over your small business with software designed to grow with you. Streamline key processes, gain greater insight into your business, and make decisions based on real-time information – so you can drive profitable growth.
SAP Business One Features
- Financial Management – Improve margins, reduce errors, and drive more profitable decision-making with a complete set of tools for streamlined financial operations. This feature includes : Accounting, Controlling (Manage cash flow, track fixed assets, control budgets, and monitor project costs), Fixed Asset Management, Banking and Reconciliation, Financial Reporting and Analysis.
- Sales and Customer Management – Oversee the entire sales process and customer lifecycle more efficiently – from initial contact to final sale, after-sales service, and support. This feature includes : Sales and opportunity management, Marketing campaign management, Customer management, Service management, Reporting and analysis, Mobile sales.
- Purchasing and Inventory Control – Optimise purchasing practices and control costs by managing the complete order-to-pay cycle including receipts, invoices, returns, and payments. This feature includes : Procurement, Master data management, Warehouse and accounting integration, Accounts payable, Reporting.
- Business Intelligence – Create timely and accurate reports based on company-wide data with analytics and reporting tools. This feature includes : Report creation and customisation, Interactive analysis, Intuitive tools, Analytics with predefined metrics, Powerful data visualisations.
- Analytics and Reporting – Empower your employees to make smart, confident decisions faster by capturing all critical information and making it instantly available company-wide. This feature includes : Dashboards and reports, Real-time analytics.
SAP Business One Starter Package – For 1 to 5 users only. SAP Business One Starter Package includes accounting, sales orders, item management and purchasing but not service or manufacturing. It is designed for start-ups and small businesses.
- SAP Business One starter package licenses are $1357 per user as a 1 time cost.
- SAP Business One starter package subscription licenses are $34 per user/per month. Subscriptions are prepaid annually for a one year commitment.
- Support launchpad for SAP Business One – Report an incident, search for notes, request license keys, and maintain your users and systems, with a seamless, consolidated, and simple support experience.
- SAP Help Portal – Visit the SAP Help Portal to stay up to date on the latest information on installation, upgrades, and product availability.
- Remote support platform for SAP Business One – Protect your installation of SAP Business One by monitoring the health and integrity of your customer databases with proactive, effective support.
The number of SAP Business One customers has reached 6.800 and the number of users reached 136.000. Meanwhile, in terms of social media popularity, SAP Business One has 11.253 followers on Facebook, 1 million followers on LinkedIn , and 6.162 followers on Twitter. (Update July 2018)
NetSuite ERP Software is produced by NetSuite, a company based in United United States. NetSuite promises to accelerate the company’s back-office processes in the mid and growth stage. In addition, NetSuite can also speed up business cycles, improve data reliability, and offer higher levels of service to your users.
NetSuite is engineered to scale with businesses as they grow and to streamline mission-critical processes. In turn, this allows them to continue focusing on what they do best and to react to new market opportunities swiftly and confidently. From advanced financials to supply chain management to billing and beyond, NetSuite ERP Software gives companies the tools they need to accelerate growth and drive innovation.
- Financial Management – Combine robust financial management with built-in business intelligence to drive smarter, quicker decision-making.
- Financial Planning – Shorten cycle times, engage business users and enrich your planning process with an intuitive planning, budgeting and forecasting solution.
- Order Management – Accelerate the order-to-cash process by tying sales, finance and fulfillment to pricing, sales order management and returns management.
- Production Management – Get your products to market quickly and efficiently by leveraging real-time visibility into production management processes.
- Supply Chain Management – Define, execute and support supply chain/distribution management plans from a single, collaborative platform.
- Warehouse and Fulfillment – Manage end-to-end inventory and inbound/outbound logistics in real time while minimizing total cost of ownership.
- Procurement – Improve the accuracy of procure-to-pay processes and optimize for cost-certainty.
- Human Capital Management – Maximize the value of human capital investments and minimize management costs with integrated HCM.
Consult with NetSuite.
- Suite Support
- Technical Account Management
The number of Netsuite customers has reached 40.000 and the number of users reached 800.000. Meanwhile, in terms of social media popularity, Netsuite has 15.433 followers on Facebook, 160.800 followers on LinkedIn , and 534.805 followers on Twitter. (Update July 2018)
Infor ERP Software is a industry-specific cloud software suites for businesses of all sizes—securely hosted through Amazon Web Services to quickly scale your company, without you having to worry about hosting or management.
Infor ERP Software offer unique functionality for different industries and manufacturers. For example, Infor10 ERP Process Business is designed for process manufacturers such as chemical, food and beverage and pharmaceutical manufacturers. Meanwhile, Infor10 ERP Express is aimed at discrete manufacturers such as aerospace and defense, automotive and machinery manufacturers.
- Pricing Model : One Time License
- Deployment : On Premises
24×7 customer support. Through email, chat, social media, or the phone.
The number of Infor customers has reached 25.000 and the number of users reached 500.000. Meanwhile, in terms of social media popularity, Infor has 15.480 followers on Facebook, 226.394 followers on LinkedIn , and 16.499 followers on Twitter. (Update July 2018)
Deltek ERP is a product of Deltek, a company based in the United States. Deltek ERP Software focuses on project-based business. Deltek combines project accounting, resource management, project management, time and cost management, and client management.
- One integrated system to support the entire project lifecycle; bringing together project, financial and resource management
- Scalable solutions to support the needs of ambitious SME’s through to global leaders
93% of Deltek clients experience a positive ROI from their deployment
- Improved financial management and global compliance. Reduce your DSO’s, accelerate your order-to-cash processes and recognise your revenues
- Real-time visibility into all corners of your business, with advanced reporting to enable confident decision making
- Enable collaboration and one version of the truth so your people can work together, and benefit from outstanding usability and accessibility to information
Discover how Deltek’s Project ERP solutions can empower your firm to realise its potential:
- Maconomy – Project ERP with a strong financial engine enabling Marketing Agencies and enterprise Professional Service firms maximise the value of their people, work and time.
- Vision – Project ERP for small to medium professional services firms looking to win more business and better manage resources.
- Cloud ERP – Project ERP hosted and delivered via the cloud for growing firms looking for a secure, scalable platform upon which to unite and enable their entire firm.
- Standard Care – Web, Chat, and Email Support.
- Premium Care and Select Care – Web, Chat, Email, and Telephone Support.
Live Support Availability
- Standard Care – Business Support (8 hours x 5day), Annual Case Limits for On-going Support (10 or 20 Cases *Unlimited for first 120 days)
- Premium Care – Business Support (12 hours x 5 day), Mission-Critical Support (24 hours x 5 day), Annual Case Limits for On-going Support (Unlimited)
- Select Care – Business Support (12 hours x 5 day), Mission-Critical Support (24 hours x 7 day), Annual Case Limits for On-going Support (Unlimited)
The number of Deltek customers has reached 22.000 and the number of users reached 440.000. Meanwhile, in terms of social media popularity, Deltek has 3.650 followers on Facebook, 27.794 followers on LinkedIn , and 5.456 followers on Twitter. (Update July 2018)
Kronos Workforce Central
The Kronos Workforce Central suite of workforce management solutions are purpose-built for your industry to help drive business outcomes by engaging your employees, controlling labor costs, increasing productivity, and minimizing compliance risk. Manage your workforce on a proven cloud platform that is secure, scalable, and mobile — allowing you to do business when or where you choose to access its power.
Kronos Workforce Central products
- Workforce Timekeeper – Workforce Timekeeper help reduce payroll and labor errors by enforcing labor tracking and control.
- Workforce Scheduler – Leverage powerful employee scheduling software from Kronos to create schedules that align with your anticipated demand. Additional Products : Workforce Scheduler for Healthcare, Workforce Budgeting, Workforce Forecast Manager, Workforce Task Management
- Workforce Absence Manager – Control the impact and associated costs of employee absence all while minimizing compliance risk and increasing productivity with Kronos software.
- Workforce HR – Reduce errors and enforce policies consistently with a single human resources software system from Kronos that contains all employee records in one place.
- Workforce Payroll – Integrate employee payroll processing and HR and timekeeping systems using Kronos to consistently apply policies, increase efficiency, and improve productivity.
- Workforce Talent Acquisition – Provide your team of recruiters with easy-to-use, automated Kronos tools to help source, screen, and select best-fit candidates with speed and accuracy.
- Workforce Analytics – Apply rigorous and reliable business intelligence to manage your workforce and control labor costs with a fully automated workforce analysis system from Kronos.
- Workforce Activities – Gain visibility into goals and benchmark performance with Kronos tools that provide critical insight into workforce efficiency, productivity, and compliance.
- Data Collection – Get critical insight into your labor data with Kronos data collection devices that include touch screen, biometric terminals, telephone time tracking, and more.
The number of Kronos customers has reached 16.000 and the number of users reached 320.000. Meanwhile, in terms of social media popularity, Kronos has 24.426 followers on Facebook, 50.752 followers on LinkedIn , and 40.086 followers on Twitter. (Update July 2018)
Epicor ERP Software is a product of Epicor Software, a company based in the United States. Epicor ERP delivers flexible business software that suits your needs. Epicor has 3075 customers and 84.791 users (Update July 2018).
SYSPRO ERP SOFTWARE
SYSPRO ERP Software is a product of SYSPRO, a company based in the United States. SYSPRO ERP Software is designed to simplify business complexity for manufacturers and distributors by providing actionable insights that support effective decision-making, cost control, efficient processes, and increased productivity.
Syspro ERP Software is available for manufacturing and distribution industries such as :
- Automotive Parts and Accessories
- Industrial Machinery and Equipment
- Food and Beverage
- Fabricated Metals
- Plastics and Rubber
- And more ..
- Helpdesk Support – SYSPRO offers global Helpdesk Support via telephone, email and fax. SYSPRO skilled support team will help resolve any technical problem, giving you a clear and simple solution.
- On-Site Support – On-site support is ideal when implementing new features or new solutions, or for users who will be taking on new roles and tasks.
- InfoZone – A customer portal that provides company news, product information, quick tips, education and thought leadership to help you maximize your software investment.
- Forums – A number of active on-line forums are available for you to engage in various discussions about the product.
Syspro has 15.000 customers and 360.000 users. On social media, Syspro has 5.263 followers on Facebook, 3.312 followers on LinkedIn , and 21.116 followers on Twitter. (Update July 2018)